Cloud storage for individual client files

Danderton

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help with something I'm trying to do. I've searched the forums and can't find a solution.

Basically I'm using WHMCS to manage services, I was hoping to add hosting as an addon eventually, hence why I went with WHMCS. As part of these services, I take backups of client sites (or specific parts) and generate reports on a weekly basis. These happen automatically and are synced to a Dropbox account. Each client has a folder within Dropbox and their reports, backups etc automatically go into the individual clients folder.

I'd like to be able to give clients access to these folders from within the WHMCS client area. I know there is the files section that can give clients access to these sorts of things but I was hoping to automate the process. Basically I'd like the clients to be able to log in to the client area and be able to access everything that is in their specific folder in Dropbox (directly from within WHMCS).

This is probably a tall order, but worth a shot to see if anyone knows of a way it can be done. Dropbox is also an option, I can use pretty much any of the big cloud storage providers (but would prefer to use OneDrive or continue with Dropbox).

If it's totally impossible, please tell me so I can stop searching!

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Danderton said:

it's not impossible, but from what you describe, I would agree that it requires a module.

possibly, if you just wanted to add a link in the client area to their shared folder, then that's a simple enough  - but accessing the contents of those folders and displaying them within WHMCS directly requires dropbox (or other cloud options) API knowledge.

19 hours ago, Danderton said:

About 8 years ago in a couple of hours I managed to code a WHMCS script that allowed me to "read" and upload files from my Dropbox account. I used it to backup a bunch of sql files on a daily basis hence it's 100% possible.

19 hours ago, Kian said:

About 8 years ago in a couple of hours I managed to code a WHMCS script that allowed me to "read" and upload files from my Dropbox account. I used it to backup a bunch of sql files on a daily basis hence it's 100% possible.

yeah, there is a free addon module in Marketplace that does that... hope they're not using your code lol.

11 minutes ago, brian! said:

hope they're not using your code lol.

It was 8 years ago when my PHP skills were abominable. If it's my code for sure it contains at least 3 bugs and a malware per line and should be taken down from Marketplace 🤗

Edited by Kian