CLOSED ACCOUNT STILL GENERATING INVOICES

So I have this client account that I have closed yet invoices are still being generated. How do I stop this without actually deleting the whole account which I don't want to do as it forms an integral part of my finance system.

In View/Search Clients they come up as Inactive.

Anyone with any ideas?

Michael

WHMCS Version 7.9

On 1/19/2020 at 3:14 PM, All Business Internet said:

So I have this client account that I have closed yet invoices are still being generated. How do I stop this without actually deleting the whole account which I don't want to do as it forms an integral part of my finance system.

In View/Search Clients they come up as Inactive.

Anyone with any ideas?

Michael

WHMCS Version 7.9

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone got a suggestion?

OK Thanks WHMCS Peter, at last.

So I the Profile tab you can change the status to CLOSED. But that does not CANCEL or TERMINATE the products or domains.

So there needs to be a better conduit between this STATUS and the products and domains so one button does it all.

I think I have resolved this now so thank you for your assistance.

• WHMCS Staff

Hi @All Business Internet,

We'd certainly welcome your idea to effectively stop invoicing for "Closed" client accounts.

I recommend posting it at https://requests.whmcs.com so that others may vote on and contribute to your idea. Ideas with the most activity do get reviewed by our Feature and Development Teams.

13 hours ago, All Business Internet said:

So there needs to be a better conduit between this STATUS and the products and domains so one button does it all.

I think the problem is that you just changed the status on the account from the profile tab - that doesn't really have much practical effect other than to change the status.

however, if you had pressed the "Close Clients Account" link, then that should have.

qZrUsRR.png

https://docs.whmcs.com/Clients:Summary_Tab#Close_Clients_Account

Closing a client's account will prevent them from being able to login to the client area.

This link will also change the status of unpaid invoices to cancelled, and all services to cancelled. It will not run any module termination functions.

14 hours ago, WHMCS Peter said:

I recommend posting it at https://requests.whmcs.com so that others may vote on and contribute to your idea. Ideas with the most activity do get reviewed by our Feature and Development Teams. 

yet to get such activity will take years - so bear that in mind when submitting or voting on a request... it's not a quick fix.

and unless this feature has changed in recent versions, the solution already exists. 🙂

• 1 month later...