Direct debit option missing from client area

graisbeck

I'm using WHMCS 7.8.3 with Go-Cardless for direct debits and Stripe for collecting card payments. In my customers' client area under 'Payment methods' I can see add a new card and edit current card, but I don't see add direct debit. The only way customers can change payment method is by choosing it from the drop-down on the recurring invoice which is sent out.

Surely, there must be another way for customers to change their method of payment. Am I missing something here?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
52 minutes ago, leemahoney3 said:

Hi sol2010,

The list of payment methods shown in the dropdown correlates to the Display Name...

Actually, I discussed this issue on a support ticket and Direct Debit option does not show up in the payment methods section until a customer has activated it on an open invoice.  Once they have set up a DD mandate, then the option shows.

However, I think it would be sensible to have the option showing regardless, perhaps with a note that explains how a customer can utilize it.

I guess it's going to require some custom coding to correct this undersight.

18 minutes ago, sol2010 said:

Actually, I discussed this issue on a support ticket and Direct Debit option does not show up in the payment methods section until a customer has activated it on an open invoice.  Once they have set up a DD mandate, then the option shows.

However, I think it would be sensible to have the option showing regardless, perhaps with a note that explains how a customer can utilize it.

I guess it's going to require some custom coding to correct this undersight.

Interesting, I mean it does make sense, but also having the option available to enable it without the customer having set it up would also make sense. A flexible approach.

6 hours ago, leemahoney3 said:

Interesting, I mean it does make sense, but also having the option available to enable it without the customer having set it up would also make sense. A flexible approach.

If a customer is browsing through the client side of the site, they need to know that Direct Debit is an option right? 

If it doesn't show in the Payment Options screen, how will they see it - unless we market it with a banner or whatever.... seems to me that there needs to be a simple sentenace in the Payment Options screen that says " We offer DD - to set it up, go to an outstanding invoice and start the process"