domain registrar module - expiry date

steph.hope

I'm currently working on a custom Registrar Module. I've implemented the GetDomainInformation function as recommended here:

https://developers.whmcs.com/domain-registrars/domain-information/

However, the expiry date which I set in this function  does not then appear on the domain information page. The correct date is returned from the registry and formatted into a yyyy-mm-dd format and set into the Domain object as shown in the example code:

->setExpiryDate(Carbon::createFromFormat('Y-m-d', $expiry)) 

This means that if, for example, the domain is renewed outside of WHMCS, the new expiry date will not be reflected in the WHMCS system. Is there some other function which is providing the date shown on the page?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steph!

That date is saved in the WHMCS database. You can update it through domainsync registrar function or by using hooks or your own cronjob/systemd timer.

The GetDomainInformation function is currently used for things like getting nameservers, IRTP and tranferlock etc to show the real info from the registry.

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2021 at 3:43 PM, DennisHermannsen said:

Sorry for hijacking this.

We're having the exact same issue. The expiry date is not updated anywhere.

I see the Domain object has the expiryDate, but it's not saved anywhere. What's the reason for using setExpiryDate if that value is not used for anything?

Domain Renewal invoice generation depends on expiration date value for domains with Auto-renewal enabled