How to expand admin widget with css

zitu4life

Hello there

I am trying  to   re-sizing   admin widget, but do no realize how to  do that . For example Lara addon expand it   just clicking   on it, but it  only expand it on horizontal, and an want to expand  also on vertical.

I intend to expand Project management widget   on vertical to show   more projects in progress  at once. Currently it is limited to 5 by default, but  I truly believe it is possible to be   managed  size with a css, considering that   Lara   can expand it on horizontal.

Idea is  to have  all current   project displayed   on screen and not just five.

image.thumb.png.6dbe33e5a9a75967a7a5dc8f53e58838.png

What css code should I use?

Thank you!

11 hours ago, zitu4life said:

I intend to expand Project management widget   on vertical to show   more projects in progress  at once.

possibly you could give it's div a min height, but whether that would disrupt the layout of the other widgets (e.g overlapping), I don't know... not currently using v7.9 or PM.

Currently it is limited to 5 by default,

if memory serves, the PM widget is encrypted and you can't get near the widget code - so directly modifying the content is not a simple option.

unless it's changed in v7.9, that widget always used to look quite dated, e.g it was based on v6 widget coding.

but  I truly believe it is possible to be   managed  size with a css, considering that   Lara   can expand it on horizontal. 

expanding it's width horizontally dynamically is a feature of Lara - you wouldn't be able to do that if using Blend or v4.

Idea is  to have  all current   project displayed   on screen and not just five.

if it can't be fixed with css, you could always create your own widget - that would at least be based on the modern code and could show as many results as you wished, in a layout of your choice.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:28 AM, brian! said:

if it can't be fixed with css, you could always create your own widget - that would at least be based on the modern code and could show as many results as you wished, in a layout of your choice.

Developing new widget   will work with existing   project management, I mean it will be linked to project management to display projects too? 

2 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Developing new widget   will work with existing   project management, I mean it will be linked to project management to display projects too? 

I don't see why not - the existing widget will just be querying the project management database tables, the same as any other widget does.