duplicate of module and price questions

Marioh

Hi,

I just wanted to ask about those modules that are on marketplace i'm also a developer and i have skills to create a whmcs module some times ago i needed the module for Ovh public cloud the price on market place was too high for me so i created one by myself!

Now how about i request to publish this module that i created by myself with a lower price let's say 50$/year i would like to know if this is somewhat allowed i don't see a reason why it shouldn't be but i wanted to ask because as far as i can see i haven't been able to see any product duplicate on marketplace i mean 2 or more modules for same purpose.

Is this allowed to do? 

21 hours ago, Marioh said:

Now how about i request to publish this module that i created by myself with a lower price let's say 50$/year i would like to know if this is somewhat allowed i don't see a reason why it shouldn't be but i wanted to ask because as far as i can see i haven't been able to see any product duplicate on marketplace i mean 2 or more modules for same purpose.

I can think of plenty of duplicates on Marketplace (e.g addons that effectively do the same thing) posted by different developers - so I can't see that being an issue...

WHMCS don't check the coding etc and won't care if there is already an existing  similar module on there (as long as you wrote the module yourself).

so i'd go along with wsa and say register, publish it and see if it generates any sales...

@wsa @brian! Thank you!

@Kian well i mean i'm not going to work for nothing ofcourse but i'll try to set a price that i see fit in best way even for small providers not some high one that only big businesses can afford to get i mean you can get ex an ovh public cloud account for like 10-30 euro and start selling servers but you need a 130$ extra only for the whmcs module? let's not talk about how long it'll take someone to earn that profit because you can't resell those servers with a higher price then ovh customers can actually go and buy it directly on ovh without any problem so having to pay this much to have this service on whmcs that you can't profit much from it doesn't make sense.