Some emails not being sent

zoe

Hi, Im having problems with some emails that are not being sent.

Not being *sent* or not being *recieved* by the recipient - very different problems.

Some email accounts dont receive the emails from system...

An example would help :)

do you know why is that or where do I have to verify that on my server?

Your maillog would be the obvious starting place to look ...

The emails sent to gmail have problems... and some other isps.... I tested it with my isp and it works, but some recipients dont receive any emails generated by system (and receive from my email account hosted on same server).

Gmail specially have problems.

How can I verify wheres the problem? Sorry if the question is too noob, since I cannot identify where I have to fix...dont think gmail has the problem.

Ive tailed the queue when trying to send to yahoo and this is what appears:

2007-12-26 12:46:43 1J7YSx-0008P7-AK <= <> R=1J7YSw-0008P0-5p U=mailnull P=local S=3827

2007-12-26 12:46:43 1J7YSw-0008P0-5p Completed

2007-12-26 12:46:43 1J7YSx-0008P7-AK => tangowe <tangowe@server.tanservers.com> R=localuser T

2007-12-26 12:46:43 1J7YSx-0008P7-AK Completed

Anyway, the email is not delivered :S

Postmaster email address

Your mail server does not accept the postmaster@tangowebs.com email address (75.125.64.226).

Info Abuse email address

Your mail server does not accept the abuse@tangowebs.com email address (75.125.64.226).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not working with these 2 email adresses... on WHMCS... I only use soporte@.,....

I have this problem with some providers, like yahoo, gmail, hotmail...

Postmaster email address

Your mail server does not accept the postmaster@tangowebs.com email address (75.125.64.226).

Info Abuse email address

Your mail server does not accept the abuse@tangowebs.com email address (75.125.64.226).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not working with these 2 email adresses... on WHMCS... I only use soporte@.,....

I have this problem with some providers, like yahoo, gmail, hotmail...

Hi,

Yes however some email providers such as gmail yahoo hotmail etc (the ones your having problems with) automatically reject email or just discard it without letting you know or they put it in the spambox if the sending mail server/domain does not comply with the mail standards such as having abuse@ and postmaster@ email addresses setup.

Give that a little time to filter through and the email should start getting through soon.

I would also look into disabling recursive DNS lookups on your server.

Thanks

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah Im having problems with yahoo and gmail accounts... I configured abuse and postmaster... thought problem was solved but still not working 100% time. Some emails are not being sent to my clients... and is duff cause I need them to receive the invoices and overdue notifications!