Having Mission and Vision displayed to staff on admin interface

zitu4life

Hello There

Today   I facing   a case   where   a staff   did   not complete   a important  task, because   in their mind  that task   were   not urgent important   (financial task) and could be done  later   (in their   mind a great target time  could be 15 days 🤔   🤔).
Our   company mission   and vision   clearly   answer   staff   doubts   and points   the way   we should  work to achieve  our goals,   so  I have an idea   to have   our mission  and   vision   on  top   of admin badges   just in case,   to   make sure   spirit   of  company   will   be   all the time   clearly on everybody mind, at least   until  I  think it is not necessary   anymore.

What   options   I have to  make it happens:

1-  Hooks   to displays    text?

2 - Duplicate   native badges and modify it   to    make   it only to display   texts   with  some  font  awesome   to make   it more friendly 😍?

3 -   There is   any ready module   out there   that   can already   do something  like that idea?

4 - Fire up that employee   🤣   (can not   be done).

image.png.82b9c155bfb1889cbcb83e3bbda9f8e7.png

Edited by zitu4life

15 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Today   I facing   a case   where   a staff   did   not complete   a important  task, because   in their mind  that task   were   not urgent important   (financial task) and could be done  later   (in their   mind a great target time  could be 15 days 🤔   🤔).

I would have gone straight to option 4. 🔥🙂

1-  Hooks   to displays    text?

AdminHomepage would probably be the simplest hook if you want them on the homepage as you can just paste your HTML into the hook...

MuBi84A.png

2 - Duplicate   native badges and modify it   to    make   it only to display   texts   with  some  font  awesome   to make   it more friendly 😍?

possibly easier if you've already modified badges.php as per your previous thread - it's just going to be another div row in the output.

3 -   There is   any ready module   out there   that   can already   do something  like that idea?

none that I can think of off-hand, but either 1️⃣ or 2️⃣ should be ideal for your needs.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

AdminHomepage would probably be the simplest hook if you want them on the homepage as you can just paste your HTML into the hook...

Hello  Brian!  Would   you mind to share   your hook  for that.   I usually prefer  hooks because   update   would not affect   it, but create  hooks   looks to be    too much   for me, for the next   2 years of learning. My post  was print picture edited manualy.

Edited by zitu4life

13 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Would   you mind to share   your hook  for that.

no worries - all I did was quickly take the example AdminHomepage hook from the docs, copied the <div> from the badges.php widget and tweaked the output a little (removed icons, classes and added some inline CSS)... 🙂

<?php
add_hook('AdminHomepage', 1, function($vars) {
    return '<div class="row home-status-badge-row">
    <div class="col-sm-6">
        <div class="health-status-block status-badge-cyan clearfix">
            <div style="color:black; font-size: 20px; text-align: center;">
                Mission: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="col-sm-6">
        <div class="health-status-block status-badge-cyan clearfix">
            <div style="color:black; font-size: 20px; text-align: center;">
                Vision: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>';
});
13 hours ago, zitu4life said:

I usually prefer  hooks because   update   would not affect   it, but create  hooks   looks to be    too much   for me, for the next   2 years of learning. My post  was print picture edited manually.

I think I have more belief in you being able to write this type of hook than you do yourself. 😎