<link href="your-style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <form method="post" action="somewhere-over-the-rainbow.php">
	<input type="text" name="something" value="1000">
	<button type="submit">Submit</button>
    </form>
HTML;

return $output;
}

It will show a form with an input text where customers can enter your number and the submit button.

Hello! I was having exactly the same problem, and unfortunately the remote input is not an option, my provider does not provide the 

Iframe mentioned by WHMCS, and also, it looks like that remoteinput function has messed up with the store remote function as well, because now my payment gateway is broken.

My gateway requires name on card, ID and installments number, adding thesse fields to the checkout.tpl and creditcard.tpl does not fix the issue, these new fields 

dont get posted to the payment gateway.

What I did additional to create those fields in the tpl files, was adding an additional function to the submit button,

you need to retrieve those fields in your _capture function right? I used to diffferent methods, cookies and a mysql table.

With cookie you store those field values in a cookie, and then retrieve them back in the capture function, however sometimes cookies are not safe, and I did want to have a log

of those fields plus the "store credit card" chosen value.

So I created a new table in the database (paymen_cc_additional_fields for example) and save those field values in the database via ajax (had to create a php file to insert this data in the database too) and then read those values back from the payment gateway, using the email address as a key

It worked awesome, until the last update to 7.9 because now the workflow of tokenized gateways changed, but I have that posted in another topic

Hope my idea helps