Customise, viewinvoice.php apply custom css on Back to client area

zitu4life

Hello

How to  customize  six template   viewinvoice.php

on  footer  when we open an invoice  on client area  viewinvoice.php   we have    on footer  page:

image.png.c0852b78ac23a5456918f528c445ce9c.png

How to   make it   with   custom.css to appears  like this   (green background and white color)

image.png.bf022119ff39dd087c4f2222476c44c7.png

. what should be here? {
    color: #FFFFFF;
    background-color: #4CAF50;
}

Thank you!

12 hours ago, zitu4life said:

How to  customize  six template   viewinvoice.php

simplest way, as suggested in the recent feedback thread below, would be to edit viewinvoice.tpl and give the link a button bootstrap class...

i'm not sure that I would even attempt to do it using CSS. 🙂

7 hours ago, brian! said:

simplest way, as suggested in the recent feedback thread below, would be to edit viewinvoice.tpl and give the link a button bootstrap class...

Wooo  I got it work...I have   saw   before  that  thread   mentioned  but   did    not   understood   because   user   was liking   asking   instead    of   showing   his   achievement.   

Since the first   time I    used   WHMCS    I did not understand    why   that   

image.png.19f25fb8537b7ec651da92ac9c63f8c3.png

it is like   a little hidden    from   some   important   benefit    it   has, hope  some  day   WHMCS improve   it  😔  or   will  need   every  update  to  override  that   viewinvoice.tpl

If custom.css  can  not   do that   I guess  hook   also   no.

Edited by zitu4life

15 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Since the first   time I    used   WHMCS    I did not understand    why   that   

image.png.19f25fb8537b7ec651da92ac9c63f8c3.png

it is like   a little hidden    from   some   important   benefit    it   has,

the way that link is, it's the way that it's always been (or at least last 6+ years)... in v5.3, it used to look like...

3aOfwAt.png

so you can see in 6 years, it's hardly changed...

hope  some  day   WHMCS improve   it  😔  or   will  need   every  update  to  override  that   viewinvoice.tpl

there was a feature request to add the back button to the top of the page, but it's 3 years old, got 2 votes and is now archived.... before that feedback thread, I can't recall anyone else asking about it - probably because you can do easily do it in the template.

the point being that WHMCS won't (practically can't) agree to every request - they just provide ways for the user to make changes yourself, e.g templates, hooks, addons, css, feeds etc.

If custom.css  can  not   do that   I guess  hook   also   no.

not easily! viewinvoice doesn't use a header or footer, so you can't use the output hooks to inject JS into the template... i'm not saying it couldn't be done, but it's far simpler to just edit the template. 🙂

I know Aug/Sept was a crazy period with updates seemingly being released every week, but updates won't occur as often for a while.... supposedly there is going to be a 7.9 before the end of the year, but I personally wouldn't expect that to be more than v7.8.4 (e.g v7.8.3 + hotfixes) + Hosting Renewals... but time till tell... once that's out of the way, you might not see v8 until early Summer 2020 the way things are going.

• 3 years later...