BrainTree Payment Module

ejmerkel

After upgrading to WHMCS version 7.8 our BrainTree Payment Module started having issues. It is charging cards Ok that are already in the system however users cannot add or update their cards. I assume the change with having multiple payment methods is to blame.

Unfortunately, the module is not one that is supported by WHMCS and it appears to be originally created by Hosting Playground but they don't appear to be actively supporting this module any longer.  Also, BrainTree is not able to provide a WHMCS module.

Is any one else using the BrainTree payment gateway on 7.8? If you are can you tell me where you got your module, I would appreciate it. I am hoping to find a module that is maintained and supported.

Thanks,

Eric

2 hours ago, ejmerkel said:

Unfortunately, the module is not one that is supported by WHMCS and it appears to be originally created by Hosting Playground but they don't appear to be actively supporting this module any longer.

this is the ServerPing module by Joe Clarke ??

there's a protected download update on their site (no date on it, but I suspect it's not relevant to v7.8), but I know the product itself is no longer offered on site... perhaps it's just being pulled while they work out any kings with v7.8, or maybe it's just been abandoned... might be worth contacting them to confirm.

2 hours ago, ejmerkel said:

I am hoping to find a module that is maintained and supported. 

there are a couple in Marketplace, but they're not marked as compatible with v7.8 yet - though that could just be an oversight in not updating the listings, or they may be incompatible...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, omega1 said:

I'm using the ASPnix module for Braintree payments, seems to work well and support is good from them.

I reached out to ASPnix and unfortunately their module does not support tokenized storing of credit card numbers or the ability to link payments to a Paypal account which our current module does so this won't work for us.

It has been a couple weeks since I opened a ticket with http://www.serverping.net/ but have gotten no response so I assume they went out of business or something...

Best regards,

Eric

• 5 months later...

I have the same issue at ejmerkel

Have been using serverping.net Braintree gateway for many years.  Because Braintree is deprecating the legacy SDK used by the serverping gateway, I discovered there is no new version of the gateway and the only thing available on the WHMCS marketplace is a gateway that does not support tokenization (I cannot ask my customers to all re-enter their CC info!)

I am shocked I cannot find a Tokenized Braintree gateway available for WHMCS. Does anyone have a solution?

2 minutes ago, roger_richards said:

Really a shame and curious why WHMCS doesn't support Braintree?

they might say that there is little demand for it - I can only see 2 features requests... one if 6 years old with 12 votes and the other has two votes after a month.

getting a developer to write a braintree gateway for you or moving away from WHMCS will be your only immediate options - even if WHMCS were going to do this, it would likely be months away at best.

Apparently, I'm in the same boat as you guys. I also have been using the Braintree module from ServerPing and it's broken now. I also tried using the ASPnix one but it's source is protected for starters and then it doesn't support the tokenized stuff. On top of that, those guys cancelled my order twice with the reason "Fraud". One was automatic due to my VPN and the order was manual after few hours.

I've been banging my head for the past 3 hours with this closed source WHMCS code and trying to make the ServerPing addon work with the update but I doubt it will because it comes from a time when WHMCS supported only one CC. 

I would've been happy to pay if ServerPing decided to update the addon. 

Well, our BrainTree module from ServerPing is still working on automated charges on WHMCS 7.10. The only thing that is not working is that customers cannot add or update new cards. We've switched to a different credit card process for those customers as they come in to update or pay an invoice.

We're working on getting our tokenized data transfered from BrainTree to Authorize.net CIM. I will let you all know how that goes.

Best regards,

Eric