View username in transaction reports?

43 minutes ago, ROQ said:

I'd like to see my recent transactions list but with an extra column displaying the customers username as listed in their products/services section. Is this possible?

with great difficulty, if you mean the transactions list page at admin/transactions.php; if you mean the Transactions Report, then it would be easier to add custom columns there...

that transaction report is basically a SQL query of tblaccounts - but if you want usernames, then that's going to involve travelling conditionally through multiple linked tables to get the value you want (tblaccounts -> tblinvoiceitems -> tblhosting)... so it's possible, but would need some work.

19 minutes ago, ROQ said:

Thank you brian for the reply, the transaction report would be perfect.  Where can I edit this to get the results I'm after?

the transaction report in not encrypted and can be found in /modules/reports/transactions.php - but don't edit that file (as I think the WHMCS updater will replace it with the original), so create a new .php file in that folder, copy & paste the transactions.php report code into it and then start editing that duplicate file.

you basically need to do upto 4 things:-

1. enable Capsule if you're going to use that for the additional queries.
  2. add "username"=>"Username" to the $filterfields array (doesn't matter where, just where you want its checkbox to show in the output).
  3. add SQL query to get the username value in the $filters array.
  4. add SQL query to get the username value in the $incfields array.

the first two are easy; the next two will contain the same SQL query, but it's a complete pain because it's both conditional and optional, e.g you don't want this query to apply to all transactions, nor can you guarantee that username will exist anyway... hence why I said it would need some work. 😓