Hosting WHMCS on Different Server from Main Domain & Email Setup

AstritK

Hello,

I am planing to to host WHMCS on a subdomain on a different server (whmcs.domain.tld) from where the main domain is hosted. My questions are;

• Is it possible to setup so that all communication emails (upcoming invoices, welcome email, ticket support etc) to be sent from *@domain.tld rather than *@whmcs.domain.tld ?
  • If the above answer is Yes, is there a simple guide as to how to do this?

I've checked the documentation and the forums, but nowhere this is being mentioned. I see in WHMCS>General>Mail , it should be this.. but not quiet sure so have to ask before I proceed to move the WHMCS on a different server.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, AstritK said:

I've checked the documentation and the forums, but nowhere this is being mentioned. I see in WHMCS>General>Mail , it should be this.. but not quiet sure so have to ask before I proceed to move the WHMCS on a different server.

the answer should be yes, because the from address can be anything - i've used domains for those email addresses that were different from the domains they were hosted on, so as long as the smtp server settings allow it (if you're using smtp), then it should be fine... just change the From address and check the email templates to ensure none of them have a custom From address.