Custom descriptive text

Hello.   Is there any way to add descriptive text or manual annotation to each product, and that it appears in the customer and invoice area? We have customers with several identical products, and we need to be able to add some annotation or individual description to differentiate products. Is there anyone with the same need? How could it be resolved? Thank you.

Thanks! It's very useful. It's yours?

Unfortunately, some features would be missing, such as the name appearing on the invoice, in the Start Widget of the client area, which can be edited from the admin (outside the ticket system, for example, by editing the service options ... )

Edited by donostiarra

2 hours ago, wp4all said:

there is an addon available --> https://whmcs.deploymentcode.com/order.php?id=44 maybe this works for you.

not that it really matters Christian, but I think it's often better when posting links, to use Marketplace links if they exist - not least because it allows the user to see any reviews of the product by other users and to see which WHMCS versions it's marked as being compatible with.

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/4847

obviously, if there are no MP links, then a direct link is fine.... actually, a direct link is fine anyway and not against the rules (unless it was your product), so i'm just sharing a preference... feel free to ignore it! 🙂

1 hour ago, donostiarra said:

Unfortunately, some features would be missing, such as the name appearing on the invoice, in the Start Widget of the client area, which can be edited from the admin (outside the ticket system, for example, by editing the service options ... )

with regards to the invoices table, it would be perfectly possible to change the coding to get additional info, e.g first line item of the invoice etc and show it in the table.... depending on what/where you need to show, you might be able to do it all in a hook, or it might need a tweak to the template, e.g i've posted hooks previously that would show a dedicated IP on the products/services page, and it's a similar principle to do it on any other page.

the advantage that the addon Christian mentions has that it includes custom descriptors - so if you need editable custom text, then it's useful; but if all you need to do is pull existing info from the database into the output, then it should be doable with a hook...

btw - what's the start widget ??

Hi Brian,

Yes, I'm sure you're right, it was just the fastest way to post that, honestly had no time to look in the whmcs Market.
What do you mean with -->

On 10/2/2019 at 3:35 PM, brian! said:

btw - what's the start widget ??

Greetings Christian

Sorry, yes, I was talking about this widget:

(Because we have several customers with same products, and sometimes it's hard to  know what product is each, all of the with same description... (the no hosting products have same name all of them...)

Home.JPG

Edited by donostiarra

1 hour ago, donostiarra said:

Sorry, yes, I was talking about this widget:

(Because we have several customers with same products, and sometimes it's hard to  know what product is each, all of the with same description... (the no hosting products have same name all of them...)

aah now I understand.

if these products have something unique about them, e.g if they have different usernames, IP addresses etc, then the panel/widget could be rewritten to show them - if you needed custom descriptions for each product/service, then I suppose you could use the Admin Notes option inside each product (assuming you're not using it for other purposes already) and then create the panel that checks for these custom descriptions...