bulk updating domain prices

snake

7 minutes ago, snake said:

Is there any easy way to do this yet?

not from within WHMCS.

7 minutes ago, snake said:

The bulk pricing updater really doesn't make this much easier.

nor would I ever trust it to alter domain pricing... never.

if you can throw money at this, it might be worth using the Enom Domain Pricing Manager addon....

My only issue with that is that it requires enabling USD currency.

Last time I did this (for SiteLock), it allowed all my clients to pay their invoices in USD instead of GBP, which some of them then did, which caused a right headache with the accounts.

16 hours ago, snake said:

Last time I did this (for SiteLock), it allowed all my clients to pay their invoices in USD instead of GBP, which some of them then did, which caused a right headache with the accounts. 

they shouldn't have been able to do that - existing clients can't change their currency, so would be interesting to know how they did it with the invoices!

11 hours ago, snake said:

but how would I apply that? (note I am not a php developer)

which bit?

generally in WHMCS, the currency sidebar is only shown to users who are not logged in - once they are logged in, then either they will have chosen their currency from their first purchase, or if they just registered, they should be assigned your default currency... the point being, once logged in, they'll only be able to see products priced in that currency and shouldn't be able to change it.

they shouldn't have been able to do that - existing clients can't change their currency, so would be interesting to know how they did it with the invoices!

I tested it myself, I logged in as a client, and it was giving everything in USD as well as GBP.
WHMCS support told me this is intended behaviour to enable new currencies on all products, and I would have to go and edit every single product and explicitly disable USD

1 hour ago, snake said:

I tested it myself, I logged in as a client, and it was giving everything in USD as well as GBP.

then i'm genuinely surprised because that's never been my experience of WHMCS throughout the years... at least with stock templates.

1 hour ago, snake said:

WHMCS support told me this is intended behaviour to enable new currencies on all products

i'd go along that new currencies are added to existing products (though disabled), but clients should only see products in their currency in the cart, not others... not least because the currency is assigned to the client, and so having a client ordering in different currencies would be a billing nightmare... obviously new users will see all currencies and can choose.

1 hour ago, snake said:

and I would have to go and edit every single product and explicitly disable USD 

and you know what happens when a currency is disabled in a product, e.g EUR...

vuluug6.png

but then update the exchange rate and run the "Update Product Prices" function? WHMCS automatically enables EUR in the products and adds EUR prices... even though they were disabled ! 🙄

4kTQ62U.png

i'm not sure how long that has occurred, but it's been like that for a long while... if that one is intended behaviour too, then that's bizarre.