Marketplace apps

snake

I am having a few issues with the marketplace apps.

I have setup and configured all of them, and it says it will automatically add them as ADDONS to applicable products, but it hasn't done so.
I have tried disabling and re-enabling the various marketplace apps to no avail.

How does it decide which products are applicable and how can I change this?

13 hours ago, snake said:

I am having a few issues with the marketplace apps.

market CONNECT CONNECT CONNECT. 🙂

13 hours ago, snake said:

How does it decide which products are applicable and how can I change this?

I think it depends on the MC product type and it's relevancy to the product.... AFAIK, MC are always assigned to shared hosting product types, but never to "Other" types...

you could go to setup -> product/services -> product addons -> *choose an MC addon* -> Applicable Products tab... and see which products are in the "Selected Products" list for that MC addon... any product on that list should be able to add that addon to an existing service of that product.

ok, so if I change my products to type "shared hosting", even though they are not, how do I get the market CONNECT addons to be applied?

i'd rather not go through them all one at a time and do it manually, as there are so many lol

5 minutes ago, snake said:

ok, so if I change my products to type "shared hosting", even though they are not, how do I get the market CONNECT addons to be applied?

you wouldn't need to change their type - in fact, i'm not sure it would make much difference... only if you created a new SH product after the MC addons have been enabled, or an existing SH product when MC was first enabled would that addon have been make applicable.

9 minutes ago, snake said:

i'd rather not go through them all one at a time and do it manually, as there are so many lol

that would be the safer way! ⚠️

ultimately, it could be a SQL query to tbladdons, but you'd still have to work out which addons should be applied to which products, so i'm not sure that would be much of a time saving...

if you know that say all SpamExperts addons are going to be applicable to specific products, if you could manually set one of the addons up with those products (from the admin area manually), you could then copy & paste those values from the database column to the other SpamExperts product addons... that could save some time, though i'd be very careful editing the database directly like this.

vTfamie.png

you wouldn't need to change their type - in fact, i'm not sure it would make much difference... only if you created a new SH product after the MC addons have been enabled, or an existing SH product when MC was first enabled would that addon have been make applicable.

ok i'm a bit confused them, you said in your previous reply

"I think it depends on the MC product type and it's relevancy to the product.... AFAIK, MC are always assigned to shared hosting product types, but never to "Other" types..."

When you enable marketplace connect it presumably applies the addons to all the existing products?

4 minutes ago, snake said:

When you enable marketplace connect it presumably applies the addons to all the existing products?

no - only to the applicable products... if you had an "Other" product, an MC addon wouldn't get applied to it when MC was first enabled, nor if you add a new "Other" product today with MC enabled... you could manually assign a MC product addon to an "other" product if you wanted to, though whether it would be a suitable addon would depend on the product.

11 hours ago, snake said:

but if I change it to shared hosting, as you mention above, then surely it is now an applicable product?

but the database won't be updated automatically to add it as an applicable product... the db would only get updated creating a new SH product, not changing an existing product type... maybe if you switched them to SH, disabled and re-enabled MC, then perhaps it might assign them... but i've never tried doing that and I have my doubts.