Would like to change customers Payment Method from PayPal to Credit Card

Dgital Essence

Hi,

Up until now PayPal has been my default payment gateway.

I've recently added a new Credit Card gateway and moved it to the top of the list under Setup > Payments >  Payments Gateways > Manage Existing.

I would like all existing customers who have their Payment Method set to either "Select to Change Default" (which I am assuming is still PayPal as that was the default) or "Paypal" to "Credit Card". I don't want to change any customers who have it set to any other method.

Is this possible in the front end or will it require an SQL query?

Thanks,

@Dgital Essence It can be done manually from each client or by deactivating the PayPal gateway from Setup > Payments > Payments Gateways > Manage Existing this will remove PayPal from the clients, you can choose credit card when deactivating, you can then re-activate PayPal if you wish.  As an alternative an SQL command would achieve this.

If we deactivated a payment gateway, old payments that have been done in the past with that gateway will not be override with new payment default gateway?

I have had a issue like that, but i do not remember exactly if I have disable and got that issue or if I have deleted that gateway...but it cause me mess because old completed payments that were linked to that gateway and as that gateway no more exists in WHMCS, WHMCS replaced it to new gateway and says that old payments were done by new gateway that were wrong....So When I was looking for an old invoice paid with gateway A, I found there that it were paid with Gateway B 😒...I never fixed it because would need manually work editing transitions...bored work.