Promotion/ coupons question

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice.

I am trying to give new hosting customers 12 months of free hosting. After the 12 months, I would then like the customer to be charged an ongoing monthly fee of £5. I would also like to charge the customer a one-off  £1 setup fee on checkout. (I use Stripe for payments)

I was wondering if using the promotion and coupons settings would be a good option. 

Any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks

Rich

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply, it is appreciated.

The promotional code works perfectly for giving the 12 months free followed by the recurring £5 monthly fee. Do you know how I can add a one-off £1 set up fee for the year at checkout?

After the 1 free year of hosting and one time £1 set up fee, the customer would then pay a rolling £5 per month. (using Stripe)

I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere to make this work, if you have any thoughts on solving this one that would be fantastic!

Kind regards

Richard

9 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Set your promotion code to a fixed value of $5, then add the setup fee to the "Monthly" column under the product this should then allow you to charge the setup fee and provide the 12 months hosting 🙂

Chris meant to say £5, not $5 🙂United-Kingdom-icon.png

Hi Chris 

Thanks for your support, that does work. I do apologize, I did not mention that I wanted to apply the coupon across multiple hosting plans. For example, I have 1 hosting plan that costs £5, then another costing £10 and a third costing £15.

Would I need to create individual coupon codes for each hosting plan to apply the 1 year hosting with £1 set up fee, or is it possible to have 1 master voucher code that gives the customer 1-year free hosting, £1 set up fee across all hosting plans.

Thanks again for your support

Kind regards

Rich

Hi Chris

I hope you are well.

Sorry, I am still getting to grips with whmcs and still trying to solve this problem. I'm trying to create one voucher to work aross all the hosting plans on checkout (my last resort would be to create individual vouchers for each individual hosting plan but ideally one voucher code would look more professional.) 

Do you think it's worth creating one voucher that gives 100% (percentage) off the price then somewhere in the products section (maybe under prices)I try to add £1. I have tried a few things but the £1 keeps getting discounted to 0. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Rich