whois server definitions for exothic TLD

Remitur

On 09/08/2019 at 08:42, Remitur said:

Does exist anywhere a comprehensive guide to whois servers for ccTLD?

I have a regularly updated one - but it's currently not publicly available. 🔐

maybe after v7.8, or let's leave it until v7.8.1 a few weeks later, i'll launch an updated whois service that means users don't have to wait months for WHMCS to update their whois definitions... and it will be regularly updated, so as soon I know of a change, users will.

On 09/08/2019 at 08:42, Remitur said:

There're many of them (i.e. .hr, but I guess there're dozens...) which are not defined in standard dist.whois.json ... and find them seems to be not so easy... 😕

it's simple enough to find existing lists - but they're all out of date... I could give you a value for .hr now, but I couldn't guarantee that it would still be valid tomorrow or next month... they can change without notice (though I don't think hr has changed for a while)...

{
        "extensions": ".hr,.com.hr,.from.hr",
        "uri": "socket://whois.dns.hr",
        "available": "No entries found"
    },

I think in the old gTLDs thread, which shamefully got closed when it shouldn't have been, I walked through how to do this manually... I mean for the most part, yo can get the whois servers from the IANA page, and then it's case of finding the availability string - but you can find that by using WHMCS if you know what you're doing... though I wouldn't recommend using v7.6 for later for that as WHMCS disgracefully added suggestions to admin whois lookups in the GA release (not a whiff of it in the beta), so any additional suggestions might count towards hitting whois server lookup limits for those that are limited.... don't get me started on CORE-12552 !! 😠

Edited by brian!

5 hours ago, brian! said:

maybe after v7.8, or let's leave it until v7.8.1 a few weeks later, i'll launch an updated whois service that means users don't have to wait months for WHMCS to update their whois definitions... and it will be regularly updated, so as soon I know of a change, users will.

Good job!!!
Waiting for it... or if, in the meanwhile, you're lookin for a beta-tester... here I'm! 😉