Some domain renewals not getting invoiced

I have noticed in v 7.7.1 some domain names are not getting invoiced according to the automation settings. We have it set to invoice 2 weeks prior to expiration. In reviewing one customer whose domain didn't renew, they were not sent any reminders by WHMCS either. Auto Renew was enabled.

The customer informed us the domain expired so we manually invoiced the for the domain renewal and it then renewed domain. The registrar is OpenSRS and is using OpenSRS Pro V3.7.

We have run into this a handful of times now. I don't see any hotfixes for such an issue. Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

Best regards,

Eric

Just now, ejmerkel said:

We have run into this a handful of times now. I don't see any hotfixes for such an issue. Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

hasn't OpenSRS Pro development been effectively abandoned ? certainly it's Marketplace listing says it hasn't been updated in two years and it's most recent review, from only last week, says...

The good support representatives over at OpenSRS told me in no uncertain terms that this is an abandoned module.

I never bothered to use the Pro release, though I have used the default OpenSRS module without issue (other than it can be a pain to get pear installed) for many years... not sure how easy it would be to switch from Pro to default, or what you would lose (in terms of functionality) in the process.

The PRO version is what their support recommends using. I have never had issues in the past. It seems to be only happening since updating to the a latest version of WHMCS and only on some domains, not all.

Best regards,

Eric

Edited by ejmerkel

Hi Eric,

10 minutes ago, ejmerkel said:

The PRO version is what their support recommends using.

have they told you that recently or from a while back ??

11 minutes ago, ejmerkel said:

It seems to be only happening since updating to the a latest version and only on some domains, not all.

any specific TLD, or occurring randomly?

Chris said the following 15 months ago..

at this time they only seem to support up to WHMCS V7.1 I suspect that they do not support PHP 7.1/7.2

if it hasn't been updated since, then that should still be the case.

42 minutes ago, ejmerkel said:

I don't see any hotfixes for such an issue.

with it being a third-party addon, WHMCS wouldn't hotfix it - so possibly a case of you contacting OpenSRS, or MG (if they wrote it), to see what the current situation is.

possibly your issue is unrelated to OpenSRS Pro, but if it were me, i'd rule it out first before exploring other possibilities.

We're trying to track this to see if it is all related to OpenSRS etc and what TLD's. We had this happen before but we just brushed it off as a one time occurrence but now that we've seen it a few times so we're going to pay more close attention.

I will reach out to OpenSRS if we run into this with more of their domains and then WHMCS if necessary.

Best regards,

Eric

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

I'd recommend ensuring that the domain wasn't previously invoiced for the current Next Due Date value, as that can cause WHMCS to not invoice for the renewal. A simple way to confirm and correct that is to edit the Next Due Date on the domain and set back backwards by 1 day. Then save your change and use the Invoice Selected Items function on the Client Summary page for the client to generate the renewal invoice.