How to avoid email notification of domain sync?

EduPerea737

Hi, I`ve currently  set it in my V7.7.1 version, and a cron job (same for cron activities) and is set for execute every 20 minutes, but how can I avoid to eliminate or disable email notification each 20 minutes? One solution could be change cron job for once per day, but does it will work for cron job activities normally? (invoices, terminations, etc.)

PD: I need domain sync, but I dont want to recieve a notification each 20 minutes. (yeah, I know, I could change cron frequency, but It wont affect other cron activieties?

14 minutes ago, EduardoP737 said:

Hi, I`ve currently  set it in my V7.7.1 version, and a cron job (same for cron activities) and is set for execute every 20 minutes, but how can I avoid to eliminate or disable email notification each 20 minutes?

I don't think that you can currently.

14 minutes ago, EduardoP737 said:

One solution could be change cron job for once per day, but does it will work for cron job activities normally? (invoices, terminations, etc.)

invoices & terminations only run once a day anyway.

16 minutes ago, EduardoP737 said:

PD: I need domain sync, but I don't want to receive a notification each 20 minutes. (yeah, I know, I could change cron frequency, but It wont affect other cron activities?

if it's running every 20 minutes, then it's attempting to sync 3,600 domains per day (50 at a time) - so if you don't need to sync that many on a daily basic, you could change the frequency of the domain sync cron and that will reduce the frequency of you receiving those emails.

10 minutes ago, EduardoP737 said:

I set 24 hours, so why the cron has to be set at 5 or 20 minutes?

it doesn't have to be, it's only advice - if you're only running the sync daily and you aren't escalating tickets, then I think you could run the cron hourly without issue.

6 minutes ago, brian! said:

it doesn't have to be, it's only advice - if you're only running the sync daily and you aren't escalating tickets, then I think you could run the cron hourly without issue.

But that, will continue send me email notification each hour, isn't?

Just now, EduardoP737 said:

But that, will continue send me email notification each hour, isn't?

you'll get a sync report each time the sync runs, yes.

FWIW, John's advice is to filter them off the mail server - which I think is probably the best you can do until this is addressed by WHMCS - if it's not "fixed" in v7.8, then it won't happen until v8 at the end of the year.