Account Termination Issues

BigGainz

I am having accounts terminate when I do not want them to.  I cannot seem to figure out why it is happening and am hoping someone here can help me out, its costing my $ out of pocket to set these accounts back up that are being deleted 😞  

An example would be:

Someone buys a 1 month product

They buy another month before their first month expires, the month is added to their account properly in the Xtream Codes panel, the termination date of the first month comes and the account is terminated even though they did renew.

I started going through purchases to try to make sure there were no termination dates present, but I am finding that accounts without termination dates are still being terminated.

The termination period is entered in for each product but termination is disabled in settings, I did that here:
Setup > Automation Settings > Automatic Module Functions
Enable Termination unticked
Termination Days changed to 30 days 

I also changed the termination period to 30 days, trying to buy some time while I figure the issue out, but accounts are still being terminated immediately.
I cannot figure out how to stop this, can someone give me any pointers?

3 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Is this happening when the cron runs? What do you see in the client logs or Activity Logs?

Yes this is when cron runs.  I bumped it out a few hours for today to get a little extra time to get this figured out.

Here is what is in the activity log (attached).  Its definitely seeing these transactions as they should be terminated.  How do I go about modifying the rest of my transactions so they arent seen as they should be deleted?  I have probably about 700 to modify that have been done in the last month.  I am assuming it is because I had fixed terms set to the products?  I assumed having Setup > Automation Settings > Automatic Module Functions > Enable Termination unticked would prevent this but it did not.  Yesterday I went through and set all fixed terms from a day count to 0 (also screenshotted the activity log attached to show this was done) , Im assuming this fixes the issue going forward but I am worried about the approx 700 transactions prior to these changes.

3c7714084460b5d21258b78d124f1128.png

982867ed6e6cb943c758cc3b8179dba4.png

1ed100c0d3aeb3160af1e1c213582750.png

6 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Is this happening when the cron runs? What do you see in the client logs or Activity Logs?

The strange thing is that by looking at the picture attached, I would think termination wouldnt be ran during Cron because it is unticked?

9839c66da0a417f8a961b10416b4b02a.png

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello @BigGainz,

I am assuming it is because I had fixed terms set to the products?

I would agree. If you have the "Auto Terminate/Fixed Term" option enabled for products, WHMCS will terminate services using those products X amount of days after the services registration date (where X is the value you set in the Auto Terminate/Fixed Term field). Typically, you will only want to use this feature for products you offer on a trial basis: https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Pricing_Tab

In respect of any services that have been terminated due to this setting, you will want to review your Activity Log and compile a list of all terminated accounts, then correct /restore them as necessary.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:11 AM, WHMCS Alex said:

Hello @BigGainz,

I would agree. If you have the "Auto Terminate/Fixed Term" option enabled for products, WHMCS will terminate services using those products X amount of days after the services registration date (where X is the value you set in the Auto Terminate/Fixed Term field). Typically, you will only want to use this feature for products you offer on a trial basis: https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Pricing_Tab

In respect of any services that have been terminated due to this setting, you will want to review your Activity Log and compile a list of all terminated accounts, then correct /restore them as necessary.

This was the issue.  Removed those #s and accounts stopped deleting.  Thank you