Adding custom HOOK to display client account number

Hi WHMCS Community,

I am trying to display a WHMCS Client Account Number using a hook, I have the basic code as below:

<?php

use WHMCS\View\Menu\Item;
use Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager as Capsule;

add_hook('ClientAreaHomepagePanels', 1, function (Item $homePagePanels)
{
	$client = Menu::context( "client" );
	$fieldid = Capsule::table('tblcustomfields')->where('fieldname', 'Account Number')->where('type', 'client')->value('id');
	$fieldvalue = Capsule::table('tblcustomfieldsvalues')->where('fieldid', $fieldid)->where('relid', $client->id)->value('value'); 

$bodyhtml = '<p>Your Account Number is '{$client_code}'.</p>';
	$examplePanel = $homePagePanels->addChild( 'Account Number', array(
           'label' => Lang::trans('Account Number'),
           'icon' => 'fa-example',
           'extras' => array(
               'color' => 'red',
               'btn-link' => '#',
               'btn-text' => Lang::trans('Account Number'),
               'btn-icon' => 'fa-plus',
           ),
           'bodyHtml' => $bodyhtml
           <p>{$client_code}</p>
       ));
});

However, nothing displays in the client area. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Kindest Regards, 

Nicholas Tae-Soo Sansom – Company Executive Officer
Root Layer Technologies, The Gardens, Unit 9A, 204 Alice Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000

You had syntax error. Here's the fixed version.

<?php

{
	$fieldid = Capsule::table('tblcustomfields')->where('fieldname', 'Account Number')->where('type', 'client')->value('id');
	$fieldvalue = Capsule::table('tblcustomfieldsvalues')->where('fieldid', $fieldid)->where('relid', $client->id)->value('value');

$bodyhtml = '<p>Your Account Number is ' . $client_code . '</p>';
			'icon' => 'fa-example',
			'extras' => array(
					'color' => 'red',
					'btn-link' => '#',
					'btn-icon' => 'fa-plus',
			),
			'bodyHtml' => $bodyhtml . '<p>' . $client_code . '</p>',
			));
});

Edited by Kian

Hi @Kian,

Thanks for that, it's perfect and now displays:

image.png.b2c2847d15ee25970b1d7f6467f368a1.png

However, it does not display the actual account number. Any ideas?
Just so you know it works from: https://infinitycds.co.za/whmcs-module2/whmcs-account-number/

Kindest Regards, 

Nicholas Tae-Soo Sansom – Company Executive Officer
Root Layer Technologies, The Gardens, Unit 9A, 204 Alice Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000

Your Laravel query is not correct. The following one will work.

<?php

{
	// Replace with the ID of your Client Custom Field
	$FieldID = '1';

$Data = Capsule::select(Capsule::raw('SELECT t2.value FROM tblcustomfields AS t1 LEFT JOIN tblcustomfieldsvalues AS t2 ON t1.id = t2.fieldid WHERE t2.relid = "' . $_SESSION['uid'] . '" AND t1.id = "' . $FieldID . '"'));
	$FieldValue = $Data[0]->value;

$bodyhtml = '<p>Your Account Number is ' . $FieldValue . '</p>';
			'icon' => 'fa-example',
			'extras' => array(
					'color' => 'red',
					'btn-link' => '#',
					'btn-icon' => 'fa-plus',
			),
			'bodyHtml' => $bodyhtml . '<p>' . $FieldValue . '</p>',
			));
});

Notice that you need to change $FieldID with the ID of your Client Custom Field. You should avoid basing your query on field names. What if next year you decide to rename "Account Number" in as "Client Number"? IDs never change therefore use them.

fundamentally, the Capsule query is fine - but the limitation that Kian mentions is perfectly true and that i'd also suggest using IDs...

the problem for you really centred that you were trying to output a variable that you hadn't defined... and was therefore empty... also, in recent versions, that FA icon wouldn't exist... nor can I particularly understand the reason for the + Account Number link top right if its not actually going to do anything...

<?php

use WHMCS\Database\Capsule;

{
	$bodyhtml = '<p>Your Account Number is '.$fieldvalue.'.</p>';
           'icon' => 'fa-user',
           'bodyHtml' => $bodyhtml
       ));
});

Hi @brian! and @Kian,

Thanks, both for your input, I get what you are both saying and Brian, I was just using a default hook template to test my functionality before doing anything like styling etc.
I have tried the above code to make this work, however, I still seem to get to output of the Client Account Number. Am I doing something incorrectly here?

4 minutes ago, RLT - Nicholas said:

I have tried the above code to make this work, however, I still seem to get to output of the Client Account Number. Am I doing something incorrectly here?

do you mean that it's not outputting the actual account number in the output ? are you sure that the value is stored as a Client Custom Field and not somewhere else in the database ?

Edited by brian!

Just now, brian! said:

do you mean that it's not outputting the actual account number in the output ? are you sure that the value is stored as a Client Custom Field and not somewhere else in the database ?

Correct, I see no output in where I would expect to see the Account Number display. According to the the module "addon" developer, it should be viable anywhere within WHMCS.

1 minute ago, RLT - Nicholas said:

Correct, I see no output in where I would expect to see the Account Number display. According to the the module "addon" developer, it should be viable anywhere within WHMCS.

if it's a Client Custom Field, then when you click on the Profile Tab in the Client Summary in the admin area, you should see the value ENGE02 (or whatever your equivalent Account Number value is) in one of the existing ustom fields... if it's not there, then it must be being stored elsewhere.

3oDZ5r6.png

8 minutes ago, brian! said:

if it's a Client Custom Field, then when you click on the Profile Tab in the Client Summary in the admin area, you should see the value ENGE02 (or whatever your equivalent Account Number value is) in one of the existing ustom fields... if it's not there, then it must be being stored elsewhere.

3oDZ5r6.png

Hi @brian!,

You can see it's like this:

image.thumb.png.01a0c0816261532230c0d837f415d88b.png

However the field appears empty.

8 minutes ago, RLT - Nicholas said:

However the field appears empty.

two thoughts...

1.  did you install this account number addon *after* you had created this test account in WHMCS ? I don't know, but the implication from that module page you linked to, is that when a client account is created, a custom account number is created automatically... but if the test account was created *before* the addon was installed, then maybe the account number generation process hasn't occurred... You might need to go back to the developers to that, but frankly what I would do is manually enter a value into that "CLIENTCODE" customfield and see what happens.... or if you don't want to do that, find another client account that actually has a value in CLIENTCODE and use them to test the panel output.
  2. importantly - you're going to have to change that hook and tweak the reference of 'Account Number' to 'CLIENTCODE' in the code and see if doing both those things fix your situation.
Edited by brian!