BigGainz

Invoices are paid but showing unpaid on panel

I have seen this happen a few times now, what causes this?  You can see the 2 attached images, one is from paypal showing the invoice is paid, the other is the whmcs panel showing the invoice is unpaid.

dc9f070a88f621ef8578114b8bed7573.png

f414143fed03d43f80e44d4e1a086107.png

have you worked your way through the docs on this ?

that should at least help you to work out whether it's a PayPal IPN issue, or something else going on within WHMCS.

20 minutes ago, brian! said:

have you worked your way through the docs on this ?

that should at least help you to work out whether it's a PayPal IPN issue, or something else going on within WHMCS.

Thank you!  This is my first time knowing of these docs

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with payments. The gateway log is always the first place you should check for gateway related issues. You can access that in Billing > Gateway Log. There you will see the exact response coming from the payment gateway's system regarding why the payments are not completing so that should usually tell you what the issue is.

For PayPal, this is most commonly caused by either IPN not being enabled on your PayPal account (so PayPal isn't notifying WHMCS of the payment) or something in the data they are sending that is causing the payment to not apply. The links provided by @brian! are a good resource to use when debugging this.