Another bug on domain transfers

It seems the latest release always requires an auth code on domains transfers, even if that TLD does not support one. I'm sure this was not the case before. If you unchecked the option to require an EPP code for a domain on the admin side. The field was hidden and not required on the user theme. But now its always visible confusing users for domains that don't support auth codes.

11 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

It seems the latest release always requires an auth code on domains transfers, even if that TLD does not support one.

i'm not seeing that on a v7.7.1 dev - the field is always visible (always has been on v7 standard cart I think), but if an EPP code is not required in the admin settings, it doesn't require it on the client side...

1 hour ago, brian! said:

i'm not seeing that on a v7.7.1 dev - the field is always visible (always has been on v7 standard cart I think), but if an EPP code is not required in the admin settings, it doesn't require it on the client side...

You are right but it still confuses users because the field is there and it tells them its required. I don't think most users  try to submit the form with that field blank as they read its required on the form. Maybe when a user types an extensions that does not support the code, the field should be hidden automatically with JavaScript in the future. Or change the message that the field is actually not required but optional depending on the extension.

15 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

You are right but it still confuses users because the field is there and it tells them its required.

that's just a clumsy language string written by WHMCS - you could change that with a Language Override, but because it's used elsewhere, you'd probably be better off editing the domaintransfer.tpl template and removing the title tag from the form.

<input type="text" class="form-control" name="epp" id="inputAuthCode" placeholder="{lang key='orderForm.authCodePlaceholder'}" data-toggle="tooltip" data-placement="left" data-trigger="manual" title="{lang key='orderForm.required'}" />

I don't think most users try to submit the form with that field blank as they read its required on the form.

no doubt it could put some users off.

Maybe when a user types an extensions that does not support the code, the field should be hidden automatically with JavaScript in the future.

I had a feeling yesterday that that was what you were thinking. 🙂

currently, the template doesn't know which TLDs require EPP and I assume the requirement is only checked upon submission...

16 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

Or change the message that the field is actually not required but optional depending on the extension.

it wouldn't be difficult either to include a list of applicable TLDs to be shown on the page as that's just a simple query to the domainpricing table to create an array... though the basic rule is that gTLDs probably require EPP, ccTLDs probably won't (though there are obviously exceptions to both).