UpdateClientProduct firstpaymentamount

jimlongo

Thanks, so in practice this means the

1.  client pays $30 now

2.  firstpaymentamount on next Due Date

3. then the recurring amount thereafter?

NOTE:  I'm doing this because I can't find a way to adjust the initial payment on order execution.

Edited by jimlongo
added info

@WHMCS ChrisD thank you for responding.

I had an earlier thread in which I was asking how I could sell items (locations) that are attached to an initial free subscription that will be automatically provisioned by cPanel or Plesk.

Each of these locations should have the same monthly anniversary date as tne original (which I can get from my API).  Additionally the item should be sold with a pro-rated price for the first month, then the recurring price each month after that.

Example: the customer's free sub has a renewal date of the 15th of the month. They purchase a location (which costs $10/month recurring) on the first of the month.  This location service should have a renewal date of the 15th, and the initial price should be $5, then renew on the 15th at $10/m thereafter.

I've done that so far by using the UpdateClientProduct API and adjusting the nextduedate of the product at the ShoppingCartCheckoutCompletePage hook.

But I have been unable to set the price on checkout to the pro-rated price.  

I have updated the firstpaymentamount, but I don't think that is doing exactly what I want.  Seems to me this means the customer pays full price for the partial month, and then the pro-rated amount for the next full month.