Logo on Invoice PDFs

It has come to my attention that if a client tries to download a PDF version of an invoice, instead of my logo, it contains a generic and unprofessional "upload your logo here" message.

I have taken care of this step many times over the years, but my logo always seems to get deleted and replaced with this message?

At any rate, can someone help me do this properly? I uploaded a logo to  /assets/img/ but when I view it on a downloaded PDF it is giant and pixelated. I just want something that looks neat and professional - I would rather avoid editing template files, etc., if possible. If someoen could just let me know the proper resolution and default dimensions that the file should be to display properly, that would be great. 

Thank you in advance.

In your invoicepdf.tpl file there's this line:

$pdf->Image(ROOTDIR . '/assets/img/' . $logoFilename, 15, 25, 75);

Last number (75) is the width of your logo. Adjust that accordingly. Alternatively upload a logo that is about 300x60px and don't change anything in tpl. This should already give you a nice result.

Edited by Kian

Thank you for your response. It still looks quite pixelated, but much better. Does it matter what the resolution is?

The thing I am confused by is the 75. If 75 is the width of the logo, why do you say to use an image that is 300x60? I had originally uploaded an image that was 75px wide, thinking that was the desired width - but that's obviously what was causing my problem.

I guess it doesn't really matter, it's just confusing. And it would be nice if WHMCS would specify the required dimensions in their documentation.

Do you have any idea if I can expect this logo to get overwritten whenever there is an WHMCS update? I SWEAR that has happened in the past, but perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Thank you again.

On 03/06/2019 at 23:23, somecows said:

Thank you for your response. It still looks quite pixelated, but much better. Does it matter what the resolution is?

yes.

The thing I am confused by is the 75. If 75 is the width of the logo, why do you say to use an image that is 300x60? I had originally uploaded an image that was 75px wide, thinking that was the desired width - but that's obviously what was causing my problem.

that setting isn't a width of 75px - you have to remember this is PDF, so it's more for printing than displaying on-screen... those units are mm by default, so you're telling WHMCS that the image should be 75mm wide.

I guess it doesn't really matter, it's just confusing. And it would be nice if WHMCS would specify the required dimensions in their documentation.

dimensions really depend on the logos - and they can come in all shapes and sizes. 🙂

long ago, when I first installed WHMCS, one of the quickest ways I found was to load the placeholder.png into Photoshop (or similar), add the company logo as a new layer, remove the original background layer and save as logo.png - that way, there was no need to edit the template... these days, i'd just edit the template with the correct values for the logo size.

Do you have any idea if I can expect this logo to get overwritten whenever there is an WHMCS update? I SWEAR that has happened in the past, but perhaps I was doing something wrong.

I don't think it should do - I can't recall ever updating WHMCS and finding that logo.png (or jpg) had been overwritten... now, if you've kept the logo filename you're using as 'placeholder.png', then I can see that that might get overwritten during an update.