page redirecting

Remitur

For few products groups I've prepared a presentation page, and would like to redirect corresponding menu items of the "store" menu, to this page.

I.e., I would like that "SSL certificates" menu item, which point to /cart.php?gid=7 , would be inted redirected to /ssl-certificates.php

Tried with following statement in .htaccess:

Redirect 301 /cart.php?gid=7 /ssl-certificates.php

... but it doesn't work... 😞

Any idea?

16 hours ago, Remitur said:

Any idea?

technically, i'm still on holiday (just started) but had to login to answer a few urgent PMs, so while i'm here... 🏖️

16 hours ago, Remitur said:

For few products groups I've prepared a presentation page, and would like to redirect corresponding menu items of the "store" menu, to this page.

i'd have said just to use a hook to change the links for these specific groups - the hook I posted in the thread below will do that, you'll just have to change the group names you want to redirect, and the file/url to redirect them to...

and now i'll disappear again into the ether... 🍦

6 hours ago, Kian said:

Could you try placing it on top of your .htaccess?

I tried... nothing change.
I guess it may be related to the php parameter ?gid=7 ...
Would need to deeper test it to understand how it can works.

4 hours ago, brian! said:

i'd have said just to use a hook to change the links for these specific groups - the hook I posted in the thread below will do that, you'll just have to change the group names you want to redirect, and the file/url to redirect them to...

Great!!! Your hook works fine!!!!

Ouch... I forgot that Redirect 301 doesn't work with query string. You can redirect old.php to new.php but old.php?bla=true will never match anything. For this kind of stuff you need to use RewriteRule. The rule below should work (my htaccess skills are poor 😑).

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/cart.php$
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^gid=7$
RewriteRule ^ ssl-certificates.php [R=301,L]

Edited by Kian