Domain synced to wrong client after original client was somehow made inactive

Does anyone know how one client's account could become inactive? She renewed her domain for the first time through my WHMCS account (I just started using WHMCS). She paid on March 18th through her WHMCS account on my site. I renewed the domain on my OpenSRS account and everything looked fine in March. I paid them and upgraded, she paid me through her account and everything was perfect. Or seemed to be.

Around this time I was fixing the Cron to auto bill and I thought everything was working fine and started getting daily cron job reporting saying things were working.

Earlier this month I had another client invoice go out automatically. For some reason, it had her one domain that was about to renew and this other client's domain. When digging into the issue I found out that the original client above had her account inactive. I am not sure how her account was inactive since she was paid up, but it was done by the system. There must be a setting that made her inactive. Does anyone know what this setting might be? And why is made a paying client inactive? And why it shows her domain as expired when my OpenSRS account shows things are in good standing? I mean I thought the api and the autosync would provide correct user data for each user/customer. 

I made the original client account active again. Will it stay active? How will I know?

How can I clear up WHMCS to make the original client's domain active? How can I get the data to sync correctly between OpenSRS and WHMCS?

How can I guarantee that one client never gets invoiced for another client's product (domain in this case)?

I am also wondering why the client that just got an invoice notice was not just billed for the domain instead of invoiced? Here credit card is on file. Is the invoice just an early notice that she will be autobilled on the date of expiration if she does not pay the invoice manually?

Is it okay to delete the original client's domain off of the other client's invoice as to not be trying to charge her more than she owes?

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Hello,

If the domain was renewed directly at the registrar (and not through WHMCS), then WHMCS would not know that the domain was renewed and the status of the domain will change to "Expired" once it is past its expiry date. To fix this, just change the domain Status to "Active" and correct the expiry date. 

For the other issues, I will recommend opening a ticket with the WHMCS support so that the support techs can look into the situation.