Reporting

ejmerkel

I am curious what would be a good open source tool to build reports for WHMCS? I am not a programmer but can do basic SQL.

I would like a utility separate from WHMCS and could connect directly to the database. I have multiple WHMCS installations and would like for example to build a report that would show me all credit card payments from the previous day from multiple WHMCS databases.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Eric

HI Eric,

44 minutes ago, ejmerkel said:

I am curious what would be a good open source tool to build reports for WHMCS? I am not a programmer but can do basic SQL.

if you know SQL queries, then that's the important part.

I would like a utility separate from WHMCS and could connect directly to the database.

phpmyadmin ?

I have multiple WHMCS installations and would like for example to build a report that would show me all credit card payments from the previous day from multiple WHMCS databases.  Any suggestions? 

when you say you want a report, I suppose you don't mean a WHMCS Report in the sense of those shown in the Reports section of WHMCS, but just the results of the query ??

personally, i'd probably use Navicat (especially if you know the queries) but that's not open source (or cheap!).

if you're talking about actually creating proper WHMCS Reports, then that's usually a case of determining the correct SQL queries and either modifying an existing report to output your results, or creating the output from scratch... the report files aren't encrypted, so you can view their source code if you want to.

I was thinking of some type of report builder software to build the report and then allow someone to either pull up the report or have it run daily and emailed to them.

In googling I came across BIRT and JasperReport but I figured someone in the WHMCS community should have some experience in MySQL reporting tools. If just taking an existing WHMCS report and modifying it, that is fine too I just figured there must be more advanced MySQL Reporting tools out there that folks are using.

Best regards,

Eric