service renewal confirmation message

Remitur

For domain renewal there's a ready message template, which confirm to the customer that the domain has been regularly and successfully renewed...

But... does exist any way to create such a message for the renewal of a service?

It would be useful in a number of different cases... 

off-hand, I can't think of a way via the admin settings.... I doubt you could use Marketer for such a purpose.

you could certainly do it with a hook, invoicepaid I suppose, and then just determine if the invoice contains a service that's been renewed and if so, send a specific email template.

one other thought on this, the blog mentioned that in 2019 there will be "On-Demand Renewals Support for Products and Services."... much as there is in the bugged domain renewals option... possibly as part of that feature, that will include a hosting renewal confirmation option ?? unless one of the WHMCS guys confirms what's going to happen, then you might need to wait for the betas to know.

On 17/05/2019 at 17:48, Remitur said:

It would be useful in a number of different cases... 

as I said, it can be done with hooks.

This hook should work.

<?php

use WHMCS\Database\Capsule;

add_hook('InvoicePaid', 1, function($vars)
{
	// Retreiving Products/Services from the invoice that has been just paid  
	$HostingItems = Capsule::select(Capsule::raw('SELECT t2.id FROM tblinvoiceitems AS t1 LEFT JOIN tblhosting AS t2 ON t1.relid = t2.id WHERE t1.invoiceid = "' . $vars['invoiceid'] . '" AND t1.type  = "Hosting"'));

// Foreach Product/Service that has been renewed I send the "Product Renewal Confirmation" (read post below for more details)
	foreach ($HostingItems AS $v)
	{
		$postData['messagename'] = 'Product Renewal Confirmation';
		$postData['id'] = $v->id;
		$results = localAPI('SendEmail', $postData);
	}
});

The hook requires an Email Template to send the renewal confirmation via email. Go to Setup > Email Templates and press Create New Email Template with the following settings:

• Email Type: Product/Service
  • Unique Name: Product Renewal Confirmation
  • Email Title: Product Renewal Confirmation (feel free to change it)
  • Email Body: (see below - Feel free to customize it)
<p>Dear {$client_name},</p>
<p>Thank you for your renewal order. Your renewal request for the product listed below has now been completed.</p>
<p>Product/Service: {$service_product_name} {if $service_domain} ({$service_domain}){/if}<br />Renewal Length: {$service_billing_cycle}<br />Renewal Price: {$service_recurring_amount}<br />Next Due Date: {$service_next_due_date}</p>
<p>You may login to your client area at <a href="{$whmcs_url}">{$whmcs_url}</a> to manage your domain.</p>
<p>{$signature}</p>

Preview:

sample-8.png.feb8aa33eb38e00b18ee282845523635.png