WHMCS Marketplace Request: Feed for Product Reviews

SwiftModders

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the best place to talk about a WHMCS Marketplace feature request, but I thought it would be a good idea to have WHMCS create some sort of XML feed of the product reviews on WHMCS Marketplace. I wanted to utilize this feed to automatically pull in reviews from WHMCS Marketplace, but I was informed by staff that the feed does not exist. So I am curious if there are any other developers out there that would be interested in something like this?

Let me know what you guys think :)

2 hours ago, SwiftModders LLC said:

I am not sure if this is the best place to talk about a WHMCS Marketplace feature request

probably better to test the temperature here than the official requests site, I doubt hardly anyone (other than the mythical staff supposedly checking them) would see it there! 🙂

then if there is sufficient interest, you might need to go down that route... unless you can catch the eye of someone @ WHMCS who could make it happen quicker... though if such a person exists, I haven't found them yet! 🔍

2 hours ago, SwiftModders LLC said:

I wanted to utilize this feed to automatically pull in reviews from WHMCS Marketplace, but I was informed by staff that the feed does not exist. So I am curious if there are any other developers out there that would be interested in something like this?

I can see the merit in that... at least for those developers on MP who aren't posting fake reviews on their listings (I don't mean you btw!).

you *might* be able to do this yourself using third-party sites, but you may be handicapped by the code used by WHMCS on this page... for example, sites like feed43.com allow you to generate feeds from websites, and then it's just a case of trying to scrape the correct info from the site...

so I quickly scraped one of your reviews pages on MP into a feed using it...

fe65x0E.png

from a feed point of view, it's a pity that you've replied to those reviews because these are getting picked up too by the scrape... so you'd either have to remove every other item, or modify the extraction rules to only get the reviews and not your replies...

almost certainly, trying to do this yourself will be quicker than waiting for WHMCS to do it - granted, it would be better if they did this themselves, but i've requested feeds for other things in the past and got absolutely nowhere... so I don't bother asking any more and just find my own ways to do it. thanks.png