tbllog_register Is huge

jeffuk

I installed WHMCS early 2017, and the tbllog_register table is an absolute beast.  I made the discovery when I was moving WHMCS to a new server.

Has there not been any developments on https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/ability-to-prune-system-activity-log

I had a look at the post below but surely this is something WHMCS has been looking at as there is no way of cleaning these records unless you do it manually, more so now that these cron jobs are executed every five minutes.

😴

19 hours ago, jeffuk said:

6 years, 23 votes and they've blocked it to new comments... no developments that i'm aware of.

19 hours ago, jeffuk said:

surely this is something WHMCS has been looking at as there is no way of cleaning these records unless you do it manually, more so now that these cron jobs are executed every five minutes. 

we won't know what they're thinking unless they tell us, and even if this was to occur, it's unlikely it would do so until a release or beta was imminent (e.g they 100% knew it was coming soon)... logically, you would think that they were looking at it, but they have been known to think in illogical ways and miss obvious issues. 🙄

7 minutes ago, brian! said:

6 years, 23 votes and they've blocked it to new comments... no developments that i'm aware of.

we won't know what they're thinking unless they tell us, and even if this was to occur, it's unlikely it would do so until a release or beta was imminent (e.g they 100% knew it was coming soon)... logically, you would think that they were looking at it, but they have been known to think in illogical ways and miss obvious issues. 🙄

6 years ago 😂😂😂 missed that bit.

Hopefully, one day then 🙄

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello @Stuart Newton

These table records data relate to cron. Basically, it is where the results of a cron task are stored. The daily cron email report aggregates its content from these rows.

At present it is not possible to prune this log from within WHMCS, however in WHMCS 8.1 and above we have optimized the indexing for cron log data.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V8.1

CORE-14970 - Optimize indexing for cron log data

In the meantime, if you did want to do this, you could so with a SQL query.

For example the SQL query below will remove any entries in that table that predate 2020:

DELETE FROM `tbllog_register` WHERE created_at < "2020-01-01";

As always please backup your WHMCS DB before perfoming such operations.

I hope this information helps.