Not sending Overdue Reminders to clients

Good Morning/Afternoon:

I have ran into an issue I can't seem to resolve.

I had WHMCS Support move my install from one hosting provider to another, (Paid WHMCS Support)

After they moved it, I can't for the life of me get the software to send reminder e-mails, and when a client does pay hes invoice

it would use to cc a copy of the reminder re: 1,2,3 overdue e-mail and paid e-mail into there client section...

I use Office 365 for my e-mail provider. It does not want to send out e-mails, so I have reverted to the PHP Mail function so invoices are generated and sent.

Even when I go to the clients account and force a reminder to be sent..it does not do anything.

There is a SSL Cert Installed...it is returning all is well per install and doing what it is to do..

I have read community posts and Documentation, but to no avail.

What I am baffled about is: It work without flaw till it was moved to the Hosting provider,

Has any-one else ran into this type of issue?

Any input will be greatly appreciated..and thanks in advance to constructive replies.

All the best

Dave

Edited by NRT/Redline
Typo...need more Coffee

Hi Dave,

2 hours ago, NRT/Redline said:

I had WHMCS Support move my install from one hosting provider to another, (Paid WHMCS Support)

have you gone back to WHMCS Support and reported this issue to them ? If you have paid them for the migration, that would be my first port of call.

2 hours ago, NRT/Redline said:

What I am baffled about is: It work without flaw till it was moved to the Hosting provider,

have you had a word with your new hosting provider about this? maybe it's something as simple as the new server's firewall preventing SMTP, or a possible need to whitelist your server IPs with O365 (obviously they will have changed with the migration) ??

Check PHP's settings via WHMCS admin -> Utilities  -> System -> php info for openssl.cafile, openssl.capath, and curl.cainfo (though I think that isn't shown there) and make sure they are set to a valid path.   PHP 7 by default verifies certificates and if PHP isn't set to use a trusted root certificate list, it will fail on connections.  At least that is the case for curl connections.   (Though I thought they added a system test for that) 

Beyond that, check at office 365 for any permissions required for specific IPs like @brian! had mentioned. 

Ty Steven

Will look into this and see what it says...

Another weird issue, is it is not sending out reminders before due date and after due date...when it did send them before the move, it would place a copy of the reminder in the clients e-mail, not doing this now after the move.

I have checked with the Hosting provider re: closed ports... all required ports are open for Office 365

Again, Ty for the response..

Dave

I am also all of a sudden getting a e-mail in txt format: Cron <nrtbilling@chi-node14> /usr/bin/php -q /home/nrtbilling/public_html/secure/whmcs/crons/cron.php

10 years using WHMCS...never an issue...now the gremlins have arrived..:)

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
    <title>Critical Error</title>

<style>
        body {
            margin: 30px 40px;
            background-color: #f6f6f6;
        }
        .error-container {
            padding: 50px 40px;
            font-family: "Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
            font-size: 14px;
        }
        h1 {
            margin: 0;
            font-size: 48px;
            font-weight: 400;
        }
        h2 {
            margin: 0;
            font-size: 26px;
            font-weight: 300;
        }
        a {
            color: #336699;
        }
        p.back-to-home {
            margin-top: 30px;
        }
        p.debug{
            padding: 20px 0;
            font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace, serif;
            font-size: 14px;
        }
        .info {
            border: solid 1px #999;
            padding: 5px;
            background-color: #d9edf7;
        }
    </style>

</head>
  <body>
    <div class="error-container"><h1>Critical Error</h1><p>SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1615 Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared (SQL: select * from `tblconfiguration`)</p></div>
  </body>
</html>

Dave

16 minutes ago, NRT/Redline said:

Another weird issue, is it is not sending out reminders before due date and after due date...when it did send them before the move, it would place a copy of the reminder in the clients e-mail, not doing this now after the move.

is the cron running without any errors ? update: apparently not.

Just now, NRT/Redline said:

10 years using WHMCS...never an issue...now the gremlins have arrived..:)

what did Support have to say for themselves? it's hardly a glowing experience for their paid migration service.

I talked to my Support for my Web Hosting provider and had them check what Steven had suggested, all is well on his thoughts.

Brian:

I had opened a ticket to WHMCS support re:the issues

They had responded back that I needed to set up my e-mail to send out reminders....the reminder option is checked

I have updated the ticket with the suggestions from above...

Again Ty for your response

Dave

GearHead:

What did they say?....after spending hours on the phone with GoDaddy. Host Provider ( Green Geeks ) and Office 365 Support team...

Submit a new tick was WHMCS response...going on almost 2 weeks now....and still not resolved..

Not a very happy camper right now...

How can something so simple....go so wrong.

Here is the ticket I just submitted

Thanks for taking the time to respond

I am still having "Major" issues after having a working version of WHMCS that I had purchased the migration service for a move to a new provider.

Issue 1: It will not send client invoices or update there portal saying the invoice has been paid
and looking at the e-mail logs for the overall system, It say it has sent the e-mail

Issue 2: It will not send overdue remainders, Support replies or notify me when there is activity, yet logs say invoices have been sent  "all Clients talked to say they are not getting anything)

I have contacted and spent hours talking to the below:
GoDaddy.......No Issues
Green Geeks.....No Issues ( web Host Provider )
Microsoft......Office 365 ...no issues

Like I said above, all the e-mail and updating of of the clients portal is not showing any activity...re: updating there account.

When I paid for the migration service, It was moved to the root of the new provider..so it would not open...that was resolved...I thought.

There is a SSL Cert. on the server

I have No idea what is wrong...I have posted in the forums...read the docs..tried numerous troubleshooting suggestions...still NO farther ahead.

Can some-one "Please" look into this?

Like I had said...That is why I purchased the Migration service and it was all OK before the move.

Hey Brian..

It was resolved after another pointed shall we say ticket...and the 2 previous ticket numbers that were closed.

When they migrated to the new server...they moved it to the wrong folder structure...

Hopefully now it will run another 10 years without issue.. 🙂

Thanks again for the suggestions and help

All the best

Dave