Questions regarding automation/emails

Hi everyone,

Have a few questions :

1. Is the successful domain transfer email only sent if using the Enom module? We use Namesilo and that email is never auto sent.
  2. Should Whmcs be sending overage warning emails about disk space/bandwidth?
  3. I notice that when a ticket is closed after the amount of time we have configured (set to 5 days), a ticket closed email is not sent but just a rate the ticket email is sent. I have checked and rechecked all settings. Is there a setting that could prevent this from being sent? The email template is there and active.

Appreciate any help on these. Thanks

• WHMCS Staff

HI @SamS1,

Thanks for reaching out!

Is the successful domain transfer email only sent if using the Enom module? We use Namesilo and that email is never auto sent.

This functionality relies entirely on the Domain Synchronisation cron. The Registrar Module would need to support this by including a _Sync and _TransferSync function in their module for WHMCS to call.

Once WHMCS is informed during the automated sync that the transfer has completed, the email would be sent for any registrar module.

I'd recommend reaching out to NameSilo.

Should Whmcs be sending overage warning emails about disk space/bandwidth?

WHMCS does not currently do this. At the time of the month you've specified, WHMCS will bill for the overage and and included on the invoice email. There are no warning emails sent from WHMCS. I would expect these to be sent by the Web Hosting Control Panel.

For example, if an email is specified for a cPanel account, cPanel will send an email informing that specific limits are close to being reached.

I notice that when a ticket is closed after the amount of time we have configured (set to 5 days), a ticket closed email is not sent but just a rate the ticket email is sent. I have checked and rechecked all settings. Is there a setting that could prevent this from being sent? The email template is there and active.

This occurs because you have Support Ticket Rating enabled in Setup >> General Settings >> Support. If this was disabled, WHMCS would instead send the ticket closed notification.

The reason for this is to not inundate your client with emails. Both emails specify that the ticket has now been closed (in so many words) and so it was determined only one or the other is required.

I hope this helps!

On 3/12/2019 at 1:05 PM, WHMCS Peter said:

No problem, @SamS1! If there's anything else, don't hesitate to reach out again!

Hi Peter,

When a client transfers in a domain and chooses to use our nameservers, i still see the old nameservers in their account. Once the domain transfer is complete, will the nameservers update and if so when? Or do we have to manually update the nameservers? We use the Namesilo module if that matters.

Thanks

• WHMCS Staff

Hi @SamS1,

Typically, on a transfer, I would expect a domain names nameservers to remain at their current setting to ensure no downtime as a change like this can cause domains to not resolve for up to 24-48 hours.

I'd recommend reaching out to NameSilo who can confirm if they do indeed update the nameservers during transfer. If they do not, you may wish to use a hook to perform the change once WHMCS marks the domain as "Active" from "Pending Transfer".

Thanks again Peter. I just checked and no domain transferred successfully email was sent and the nameservers did not update so i will have to check with Namesilo. I doubt they will update it as it hasn't been updated since 2015 i believe. And i'll look into the hook/get someone to set that up.

Appreciate your help.

Also just to confirm,  on New domain transfers the nameservers would be set as ours but on domain transfers, standard operations are that the nameservers do not auto update and it's the clients responsibility to change them when they are ready, correct?

Sorry for all the questions and if they are silly.