Moving hosting clients into whims

Hi all,

Fairly new here, so need your help.

I have all my hosting clients setup on my WHM hosting website. I now need a way to link the hosting accounts to the whmcs client accounts. Is there any easy way to do this?

Obviously when I am in whmcs and trying to add a new hosting account with the same details it comes back with an error as it already exists.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Conor

21 hours ago, ConorH said:

I have all my hosting clients setup on my WHM hosting website. I now need a way to link the hosting accounts to the whmcs client accounts. Is there any easy way to do this?

https://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM_Import

The WHM Import Tool can be accessed using the Utilities menu. This will allow you to import all the domains from your existing cPanel/WHM servers. It can save hours of time and is very easy to use.

I think only primary domains in the hosting accounts are added - so if you have parked/addons domains in any of these accounts, then they may have to be added manually.

Thank you! That's just what I was looking for.

Is there anyway to do a similar thing with domains? I am not managing my domains through WHMCS as I can get them at a better price from a retailed not supported by them.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, ConorH said:

Is there anyway to do a similar thing with domains?

not natively in WHMCS - depending on your registrar, there may be an import solution available in MarketPlace, but if you say you're using a registrar that doesn't have a WHMCS module, that may be unlikely.... which registrar are you using btw ?

if no import option exists, then you're left with entering them manually...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Importing_Data#Manual_Domain_Only_Entry

To add a domain on it's own without a product, follow the steps below:

1. If you haven't already, create the client by navigating to Go to Clients > Add New Client.
  2. On the client summary page, click the "Add New Order" link in the Actions panel
  3. The client will be preselected, so you should fill out the rest of the form - begin by choosing the payment gateway you want the client to pay with
  4. Leave the Product/Service dropdown menu set at None
  5. Leave the Billing Cycle dropdown menu set at Monthly
  6. Enter the domain in the Domain text field and select Register as the Domain Registration Option (even though you aren't intending to register it today)
  7. Choose the number of years you next want the client to be invoiced for at the time of renewal and tick any addons the user has for their domain
  8. Ensure both tick boxes for sending an order confirmation and generating an invoice are unchecked so the user is not emailed about the order you are adding
  9. Finally, set the Order Status dropdown to Active and then click the submit button to add the order to WHMCS
  10. You will now been shown the order screen summarising the details of the order you just added
  11. Now as the final step, you must go to the domain's information page to enter the correct next due and expiry dates aswell as selecting the registrar the domain is registered with if using one of the built in registrars. To do this, from the order screen, click on the link in the Item column of the items ordered - this will take you straight to the details screen.

You have now finished adding your client. By following the steps above, your client will have not been notified that you've added them and will now be invoiced by WHMCS prior to the next due date for the items you have added to their account.

... that can be tedious, but nearly all of us have had to do it at some point.

14 hours ago, ConorH said:

I am not managing my domains through WHMCS as I can get them at a better price from a retailed not supported by them.

you could still use WHMCS for their billing management though...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Email

The Email registrar module is used when manually taking care of customers' domain registrations and management. This can occur when using a domain registrar that does not have an API or a registrar that does not presently have an integration with WHMCS.

The module does not connect to any registrar to automatically register, transfer, or make changes to any domains. Rather, in place of automatic connections, it will send an email to predefined contacts alerting them to the requested registration, transfer, or other change. This allows your staff to make the changes manually and update your system.

When a domain registration, transfer or renewal invoice is paid by a client an email will be sent to staff notifying them manual action is required.

Looks like joker.com has a https://joker.com/faq/content/84/488/en/whmcs-registrar-module.html but that page does not mention importing as a feature.   Perhaps contact them and see if they have an solution for importing.  Otherwise, an addon module that connects to their API and grabs the domains would be needed.   The hard part is matching up client's to their domains if they used a different email or name or other identifiable info on the domain than in your WHMCS client account.  Though that likely wont be an issue for all domains .