Language strings for Domain Categories

ptomter

1 hour ago, ptomter said:

Cant find language strings for the categories for the domains. Please advice. Should have translated them into my language..

Translate.png

you can added new string in your language by modify thus line in domainregister.tpl

{foreach $categoriesWithCounts as $category => $count}
    <a href="#" data-category="{$category}" class="label label-default">{lang key="domainTldCategory.$category" defaultValue=$category} ({$count})</a>
{/foreach}

to manual setup

<div class="tld-filters">
    <a href="#" data-category="Popular" class="label label-default">Popular (1)</a>
    <a href="#" data-category="gTLD" class="label label-default">gTLD (1)</a>
    <a href="#" data-category="Other" class="label label-default">Other (1)</a>
</div>

ss-cate.PNG.81dbd37f2ad6599dcf187a4790e1ab6e.PNG

please not, if you have added new extension domain, you must edit your themes in domainregister.tpl

Edited by lims

for a more detailed explanation of what @lims suggested, see the post I wrote below - as you'll have to create Language Overrides for each language that you want to translate these categories.

looking at it again, I will add that you could do this with an action hook instead of modifying the template, though you would still likely need to create the overrides for the categories.

• 1 month later...

I have translate the Domain Categories directly in th DB and this is OK.

But what is missing is to be able to choose which categories each TLD should belong to.

This is also in the database, but it becomes too difficult with hundreds of TLDs when you only see an ID.

21 hours ago, web2008 said:

I have translate the Domain Categories directly in th DB and this is OK.

it's OK in the sense that it's worked for you - but that relies on your site a) only using one language and b) WHMCS not adding any new domain categories in the last 4 years.... if either of those change, your method fails.

But what is missing is to be able to choose which categories each TLD should belong to.

... or even add TLDs... for example, your ccTLD isn't even on the list of TLDs by default - I can see that you must have added it to the Popular category on your installation, but for everyone else, it would come under the "Other" category (e.g those TLDs in domain pricing that aren't in the TLD categories table)... and I think that 'other' category was only added a year or two after launch of the feature.

This is also in the database, but it becomes too difficult with hundreds of TLDs when you only see an ID.

you just need to understand the relationship between the three TLD database tables.

FWIW, i've attached a list of the current TLD/Category assignments in v7.7.1 - some of your categories will be different, but you'll at least be able to see which TLDs are assigned to which categories.

TLD List.html