Domains renewed two times

jonium

20 hours ago, jonium said:

I have some local clients for whom we renew their domains but we usually get payments after some weeks.

you mean you have auto-renewal enabled with your registrar - e.g the domains are renewed automatically whether you've ben paid by their expiry or not?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Configuration#Automatic_Renewal

Automatic Renewal

• Domain renewals can be enabled for auto submission to the domain registrar as soon as you receive payment for them
  • This setting is independent of the auto registration and so you can enable this without enabling auto registration
  • To turn this on, go to General Settings > Domains and tick the Auto Renew on Payment checkbox
  • Automatic renewal should always be turned off at the registrar, as this would override WHMCS' behaviour and renew regardless of if you get paid or not

as you can see, the general advice when using WHMCS is to disable that and let WHMCS take care of renewing the domain... although, if you have clients who are slow to pay (after the expiry date), then that may not be practical.

20 hours ago, jonium said:

The problem is that when we register the payment of the invoices on WHMCS the domains get renewed again automatically. 

How may we avoid that? 

as per above, if you go to General Settings -> Domains and UNTICK the "Auto Renew On Payment" checkbox, then when the invoice is paid, WHMCS will just create a ToDo item for you and will not attempt to renew the domain again... if you've already renewed the domain, then you can delete the ToDo item... and if you aren't using Domain Synce, just remember to check the expiry / next due date on the domain to ensure that it is correct.

I guess it's not an auto-renew issue... 
I understand that:
- customer says "renew!!!"
- you renew the domain manually
- then the customer pays weeks later, you mark the invoice as "paid", and WHMCS does its dirty job renewing the domain on his own... isn't it?

Two different fixes:

1 - money ready. 
The industry standard is "pay, and then I'll process your order"
(but I  understand that commercial reasons may keep this hard or even impossible...)

2 - manually edit the invoice before the payment: copy/paste the exiting row about domain renewal, delete the original one, and then register the payment.
This will prevent WHMCS from processing automatic renewal