What's the reason for the Logout "Click here to continue..." button?

northfork

This has always bugged me. What is the reason WHMCS displays a "Click here to continue..." button when a user logs out of their account? See screenshot.

Why can't it just show the user account login page again once they log out? Just like WHMCS does when logging out of your admin area.

Am I missing something seems not needed for the user to click a button to do nothing. 

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 11.50.18 AM.png

14 hours ago, northfork said:

This has always bugged me.

let's not start making one of those lists - we'd be here for a while. 🙂

What is the reason WHMCS displays a "Click here to continue..." button when a user logs out of their account? See screenshot.

I suspect it's just a legacy thing... e.g WHMCS has always done that (as far as I can remember) when logging out.

Why can't it just show the user account login page again once they log out? Just like WHMCS does when logging out of your admin area.

Am I missing something seems not needed for the user to click a button to do nothing. 

simplest solution would be to use a hook to redirect the user to a specific page when they logout - that could be back to login.php, to your homepage or even an external link... I wrote the hook below for another user using v7.5 back in May 2018, but it would still work with v7.7.1 (and probably any version of WHMCS released in recent years)... thanks.png

<?php

/**
* Client Logout Redirection Hook
* @author brian!
*/

function logout_redirect_hook($vars){

$url = 'login.php';
	header( 'Location: '.$url );
}

add_hook('ClientLogout', 1, "logout_redirect_hook");

• 11 months later...