Kayako WHMCS integration

churchmedic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important things I like about Kayako:

1. The live suggest feature - when a client types a message, the system checks from the knowledge base for possible answers. This helps a lot to cut down on support overhead

2. The escellation feature. This is very handy to have and helps a lot to make sure support tickets are taken by someone, even if the 1st level staff are busy

3. The trouble shooter

Is it worth the upgrade then and has everything worked okay?

I'm tempted to get a Kayako license and integrate it with WHMCS, but will only do so if the integration is flawless and doesnt result in a big mess.

We use the integration and generally it's fine. On our system it was easy to install and set up and we didn't encounter any problems. Some minor issues we have with the actual integration:

1. You have to change the WHMCS Client Area's landing page because the default page shows open tickets but these are open tickets that reflect in WHMCS not Kayako. I contacted Matt about this and he said it's Kayako's problem. For now we have just removed that whole box. If you don't have someone that can do very basic .TPL modification you will confuse your customers. You might also have to remove the WHMCS Search Knowledgebase and Downloads boxes.

2. All the statusses that show in the WHMCS back-end, e.g. Open / Closed / etc. still reflects the data from WHMCS and I guess they'll never reflect the values from Kayako. This is somewhat of a pity because now our backoffice managers can't see the true ticket statusses. Instead I wrote a little add-on module that displays the statistics by pulling data directly from Kayako and now everyone is happy.

You'll need this code to get the amount of outstanding open tickets per department:

SELECT COUNT(ticketid) FROM swtickets
JOIN swdepartments ON swdepartments.departmentid = swtickets.departmentid
JOIN swticketstatus ON swticketstatus.ticketstatusid = swtickets.ticketstatusid
WHERE swticketstatus.title = 'Open' AND swdepartments.title = 'Technical Support'

The complete add-on module analysis who has closed the most tickets and prints a nice Pie chart but before I post that I will have to clean it up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

just out of curiosity, when you integrate Kayako & WHMCS, do you need to add knowledge base articles to both, or are they bein syncronized?

And when a client submits a support ticket via email, which one will accept / handle / download the email from the POP3 server, WHMCS or Kayako ?

• 2 weeks later...

In WHMCS when a client sends in a support ticket, if a registered client, you get a link to that clients account. Do you get this if you switch to Kayako?

This is a neat feature in WHMCS helpdesk and makes it nice and easy to jump into the client's account to look up stuff.

Found it! however kayako then loses its style!

I am about to give up!

Paul

All you have to do is adjust the css. Dont simply remove the whole sheet. If you want to make style changes that are regulated by css, it makes kind of sense that you should know how to edit/style using css.

All you have to do is adjust the css. Dont simply remove the whole sheet. If you want to make style changes that are regulated by css, it makes kind of sense that you should know how to edit/style using css.

thanks for your kind words as always........

Anyhow sorted all the CSS out in the end however kayako did not seem to do things like suggest kb articles etc so I have put it on the back burner for now, spent too much time on it for 0 gain.

Will go back to it at some point.

Thanks

Paul

like tonight! :-)

anyway have done it a totally different way without using the integrate basically just done a header footer css change and had it as an extra login :-(

and changed the whmcs templates very slightly to remove the tickets etc

so until I work out how to add the current users from whmcs to kayako!

but that's another day/evening!

thanks

Paul