Enabling USD for Marketplace

snake

I recently enabled SiteLock in my marketoplace settings, which required me to add USD currency.

What I did not realise was that doing this would make every single product available in USD, as a result some clients have started to randomly pay in USD instead of GBP.

Is there any easy way to fix this, as I don't fancy having to edit dozens of products and services to disable USD currency?

3 hours ago, snake said:

What I did not realise was that doing this would make every single product available in USD, as a result some clients have started to randomly pay in USD instead of GBP.

I don't think adding a secondary currency would automatically add pricing to products in that currency... if you have the exchange rates updated daily by the cron, and are auto updating product prices too, then that would likely add pricing based on the default currency.

3 hours ago, snake said:

Is there any easy way to fix this, as I don't fancy having to edit dozens of products and services to disable USD currency?

off-hand, I can't think of one... I doubt the bulk pricing updater wouldn't be appropriate as that can't remove pricing, only change it, e.g set it to 0.00 - which would be even worse! as in the short term, the products might be free.... and the next day, the cron would probably add the USD pricing back!

running a SQL query might be another option, but I suspect the easiest solution is to do it manually and disable USD pricing for these products.

18 hours ago, snake said:

If I delete the USD currency and start again. if there a way to enable it just for SiteLock without affecting other products?

the Update Product Prices feature adds prices in all currencies (whether enabled or not for a product), but because this is a MarketConnect product, I think all you have to do is have the exchange rate updated nightly, but *not* the product pricing.

https://help.whmcs.com/m/68376/l/739171-customise-your-pricing

Your Selling Price is the price you charge your customers. You can change this value as you desire. Prices will automatically be set for non-USD currencies based on the amount you enter here and the exchange rates defined in Setup > Currencies.

you might want to double-check with support on this, but I think i'm right... the chances are you'll still need to work though all your proper (non-MC) products and disable USD Pricing on them, but with that cron feature disabled, you should only have to do it once.

I think the problem you might have with deleting the currency is that you have clients now using it.