An Error Occurred: Email sending aborted.

@Adam magi i'd recommend using SMTP_Debug which i've provided information about below, you'll also find more details at https://docs.whmcs.com/Email_Sending_Issues#Troubleshooting

Sometimes the error output in the Activity Log when sending of emails via SMTP fails can lack verbosity or the underlying cause may be different from the message that is ultimately displayed. Adding the following line to the configuration.php file will output a lot of debugging information when a mail is being sent manually, provided the Setup > General Settings > Mail tab > Mail Type is SMTP:

$smtp_debug = true;

After sending an email manually, the interaction between your server and the email server will be displayed on-screen for debugging purposes. Once finished, be sure to revert the change to the configuration.php file.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, Adam magi said:

email Status Cron Report is received on admin email. Email to send from client cannot be send

I have this problem. I tried $smtp_debug = true; but nothing on logs or screen. Anybody knows how to resolve?

Go to a client, like a test client, in WHMCS and use the Messages drop down menu on the right and select "New Message".  That brings up a compose message page and you can send a message that way.   Or send a service's selcome email via the service details page -> send message form. 

The behavior of even PHP mail having this behavior sounds like there is a hook doing an abort on all mails.  Do either of you have such a hook? 

46 minutes ago, steven99 said:

Go to a client, like a test client, in WHMCS and use the Messages drop down menu on the right and select "New Message".  That brings up a compose message page and you can send a message that way.   Or send a service's selcome email via the service details page -> send message form. 

The behavior of even PHP mail having this behavior sounds like there is a hook doing an abort on all mails.  Do either of you have such a hook? 

Thanks for your help. Solved with Ticket and here is reply from WHMCS;

Thank you for contacting WHMCS.

This behavior was occurring because the Storage Settings on the installation were misconfigured.

I have corrected these by manually modifying the tblstorageconfiguration table of the WHMCS database via PHPMyAdmin. After resolving the configuration issue I verified that I was able to send email without issue.

If we can be of further assistance, then please let us know.

Best regards,

• 9 months later...