Stripe gateway module. Stripe customer being deleted.

Damo

Hello,

This is the first time we have seen this happen, so not sure if it was present before v7.7.

A customer called and provided their new card number over the phone.  Via the admin area the profile was located, the card details pop up opened and the new card entered.  All appeared to work with a success message.

Now it's impossible to charge the customer.  In the gateway log it shows:

UserID => 400
id => cus_XredactedX
object => customer
deleted => 1

Looking up the customer is Stripe it shows as:

This customer account has been permanently closed.

Any attempt to charge the customer results in

Invoice ID => 999999
User ID => 400
Amount => 60.00
No such customer: cus_XredactedX

Trying to update the card, and even removing the paymentgatewayID from the database manually results in:

UserID => 999999
token => tok_Xredacted#
error => No such customer: cus_XredactedX

UserID => 999999
No Stripe Details Found for Update

I'd like to know the following:

1. Why does WHMCS issue a delete customer API call?  (This should NEVER happen, as it's irreversible)
  2. How can we now get a valid customer / token created for this customer?  (Any attempt results in the customer being deleted at Stripe, so I suspect I need to manually alter this client record in the database)
  3. Can I link a customer created in Stripe to a WHMCS profile?  (I added the customer manually into Stripe so that the payment could be processed)

1. Should only happen on details clearing for example and not card updates, so good question.   Did not see that my self and can't test now since not using the built-in stripe module. 

2. In the admin, hit Credit Card Info under the client summary page and then hit "Clear Details" button at the bottom of the page.  That should clear the cus_ token from the client profile. 

3. You would need to edit the database -> tblclients -> find the account -> edit the "gatewayid" and enter the new cus_ customer token.    It should then be possible to charge. 

EDIT: NOTE ON #2, doing so will remove the last 4 and expire from whmcs also.  So just edit the gatewayid in the database per #3.

Edited by steven99