Invalid domain name provided error

Egoruk

Hi, thank you for your reply!

The thing is I'm not on 7.7 yet and all my TLD prices are in place. And this error happens to usual .com TLD and as I already mentioned seem happens to only root domains while using another addon domain with also .com is working fine. So this is pretty strange and I don't know how to fix this error.

13 hours ago, Egoruk said:

The thing is I'm not on 7.7 yet and all my TLD prices are in place.

fair enough.

13 hours ago, Egoruk said:

And this error happens to usual .com TLD and as I already mentioned seem happens to only root domains while using another addon domain with also .com is working fine. So this is pretty strange and I don't know how to fix this error.

first thought might be to check the v7 hotfixes and see if there is a fix for this issue in your version (i'm assuming that you're using at least v7+ ?).

have you customised the templates and orderform templates in any way - if so, does the same thing still occur with clean versions of Six & Standard_cart ?

this might be one where you will need to open a ticket with Support because i've seen this caused by a number of issues previously and once they see your site, they may recognise the particular cause in your case.

I was checking something in my dev install (7.6x) and came across that same error. Price for the domain extension I was checking was in place, but until I shut off namespinner and used the generic whois it kept stating that. Unsure how that's related, but that's what happened to mine. 

1 hour ago, bear said:

I was checking something in my dev install (7.6x) and came across that same error. Price for the domain extension I was checking was in place, but until I shut off namespinner and used the generic whois it kept stating that. Unsure how that's related, but that's what happened to mine. 

hmm.. Im not on 7.6 yet. NOt sure if it's safe to update yet...

20 hours ago, Egoruk said:

hmm.. Im not on 7.6 yet. NOt sure if it's safe to update yet...

7.6 has been out and stable a really long time. Maybe you mean 7.7?

14 hours ago, Egoruk said:

Problem solved!

All you need to do is to uncheck Block Existing Domains:
Setup > General Settings > Ordering tab and disable the "Block Existing Domains" option.

In my case that couldn't have been it, since the dev install had no domains in it. Glad you found your cause, though. :agree:

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I had that error but fixed it by changing my DNS servers back to the fictitious ones that were created in the default install. I had changed them to be the nameservers of my host and that's when the errors started. Just change the nameservers back to point to something like ns1.YOURDOMAIN.YOURTLD

• 1 year later...