Invoicing in two languages

lacaca

Question

Hello,

We will use WHMCS as the billing platform for a new project.

I need a little help with invoicing, since I could not find an answer to my question.

We are a business registered in Bulgaria but we will sell mostly to customers from the USA.

Since in Bulgaria the law requires all invoices to be in Bulgarian, we basically have to find a way to do one of the following:

1. Create bilingual invoices which would look ridiculous and contain information in both Bulgarian and English, so we don't really want to do this unless we have no other choice.

2. Create two invoices for the same sale, one in Bulgarian and one in English, and only send the English invoice to the customer.

5 answers to this question

On 1/29/2019 at 4:11 AM, lacaca said:

1. Create bilingual invoices which would look ridiculous and contain information in both Bulgarian and English, so we don't really want to do this unless we have no other choice. 

You should be able to do something like this in invoicepdf.tpl

if ($clientsdetails['country'] == "Bulgaria"){
	do this, but only for Bulgarian clients
} else {
	do this for everyone else
}

12 minutes ago, DennisMidjord said:

You should be able to do something like this in invoicepdf.tpl

i'm no expert on Bulgarian invoicing rules(!), but I think this applies to all countries - e.g they need to invoice in Bulgarian to everyone.. now if your customers are American, they're not going to stand for that... but the clients are the easy part as they will get the invoice in their language (English).... the awkward part is the copy for the OPs own records I assume has to be in Bulgarian... I suppose they could, at year end, change these clients language to Bulgarian and do a pdf batch export and then switch the language back - but it's not an elegant solution!

Ah, I see.

Well, instead of changing the language for all clients, maybe just do something like this:

if ($clientsdetails['country'] == "Bulgaria" || $companyname == "SOMETHING ELSE THAN IT USED TO"){
	do this, but only for Bulgarian clients
} else {
	do this for everyone else
}

You'd just have to change the company name, and it's easier to revert afterwards.

Would be much easier if you were able to use $adminLoggedIn == true.

20 hours ago, DennisMidjord said:

Ah, I see.

the problem is that in WHMCS the invoices are generated on the fly using client settings, so if their language is English, then they'll get an English invoice... I think the OP can live with that, but he needs a Bulgarian invoice for his own records... there are ways around it, but ultimately they're going to need to get a developer in to do this for them.