Stripe Payment Gateway error

Hi all, new to here, only just having signed up to possibly get some help with this problem I've been experiencing after selecting and configuring Stripe as the payment method under WHMCS.

If a customer follows the sign up process, then attempts to pay they get this error message:

The following errors occurred:
Remote Transaction Failure. Please Contact Support.

Checking the Gateway log under my WHMCS I see the following:

Remote Storage Error
UserID => 7 No Stripe Details Found for Update

In my Stripe dashboard, under the logs section I'm seeing the following:

This API call cannot be made with a publishable API key. Please use a secret API key. You can find a list of your API keys at https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/apikeys.

I'v checked, double checked and triple checked and the API keys are definitely correct, and the right way round!

I've been on to Stripe support today and have gone through the issue. They seem to think that the publishable key and the secret key are being swapped over within the WHMCS software so they're being presented wrong at Stripe.

A copy of our chat log is below with what Christopher has said...

Christopher    05:10:00 pm    
Yes the issue is that WHMCS are using the keys the wrong way around, for this you are going to need to contact them directly to make sure they use the keys properly. They are using secret key for public key jobs and vice versa

Can anybody shed any light on this problem? And hopefully assist me in getting it fixed?

I've tried to open a support ticket with WHMCS but I don't have an account (purchased WHMCS through a 3rd party) and can't find where to sign up for an account - if that's an option?

Thanks in advance,
Liam

Though have changed to own Stripe module, I tried the built-in one with correct settings and am seeing that also, however, at Stripe the log shows it returned the token properly.   It was working at one point before switching to own module.   Did you get an answer from WHMCS?