GoCardless supported currencies & Convert to for Processing

Hello,

I was reading about the changes and the implementation of GoCardless and I have a question about this in the documentation:

Supported Currencies

GoCardless only support the following currencies: 'AUD', 'CAD', 'DKK', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'NZD', and 'SEK'. Any clients not using one of these currencies will be unable to make a payment using GoCardless and will receive an appropriate message.

Convert to for Processing

We advise against using a convert to currency for GoCardless. The currency and address of the client determine which bank payment scheme the client will need to use. For example, a UK address would be required for a payment in GBP using the BACS payment scheme.

I chose to only make 1 currency available, the Euro, so I am not using "Convert to for Processing".

GoCardless supports the Euro.

However, I have clients that are from the USA.

Since I have made the Euro the only currency on my site accepted for payments, and a USA client would have an address based in the USA instead of Europe, will GoCardless allow a USA client to make a payment in Euro or will they be denied?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @N8Solutions,

GoCardless do not currently list USA as one of the supported customer currencies on their website: https://gocardless.com/faq/merchants/international-payments/

If an invoice is in an unsupported currency, a "Payment Method Unavailable - Please select an alternative payment method"  error will be displayed to clients on the invoice in WHMCS.

I expect a client with a US address would be unable to complete the payment process in the same way.