Limit number of ordering a specific product on WHMCS

Ahmed Suror

Hi everyone,

I'm operating a web hosting company using WHMCS, I'm offering a 3 days trial package for customers which terminates automatically after this period. What I want is to prevent a customer who used a trial package from signing up again for trial and if he/she tried to sign up again the system tell him/her that he can't sign up again.

Thanks in advance.

19 hours ago, Ahmed Suror said:

I'm operating a web hosting company using WHMCS, I'm offering a 3 days trial package for customers which terminates automatically after this period. What I want is to prevent a customer who used a trial package from signing up again for trial and if he/she tried to sign up again the system tell him/her that he can't sign up again.

there's no built-in way to do this from settings...

if you aren't using PHP7, then you might still be able to use the free Product Limiter addon - i'm pretty sure it still works in WHMCS v7.6.1, but won't be compatible with PHP7 because of old SQL coding... i'm not aware of any current commercial product that has similar features.

if using PHP7, and/or the above addon doesn't work for you, then you're looking at writing a hook or addon that checks the database to see of the logged in user has a previous/current trial service and prevents the order from continuing.

of course, if the customer desperately wants to purchase another new trial product, they could simply register a new account in WHMCS to do so. 🙂

13 minutes ago, GoogieHost said:

I am using latest WHMCS and Product Limiter doesn't work someone updated the code on GitHub but it still doesn't work. I am also a badly need in of this module 

Yes, it seems that even the updated version is useless unfortunately 😞 .. 

On 18/01/2019 at 22:56, Ahmed Suror said:

Unfortunately I had to use PHP 7.2 for specific reasons, is there any alternative addon?

as I said previously, i'm not aware of one.

18 hours ago, GoogieHost said:

I am using latest WHMCS and Product Limiter doesn't work someone updated the code on GitHub but it still doesn't work.

where's link for the updated code ?

I can see that someone forked it and updated the code to use capsule here - or someone else rewrote it to use mysqli??

17 hours ago, Ahmed Suror said:

I am also a badly need in of this module 

then pay a developer to fix it for you - or contact either of the above two guys that made the updated releases and tell them that it's not working.

NOTICE: Our WHMCS Addons are discontinued and not supported anymore.

so there's no point posting on JetServer's Github issues page as they abandoned the module 2 years ago and they aren't going to update it themselves.

8 hours ago, GoogieHost said:

We needed this module badly but unfortunately, there is no alternative available at the moment

as I said previously, the original addon fundamentally still works in the WHMCS v7.6.1 release - the problem is the SQL queries (and possibly other code) used by it not seemingly being compatible with PHP 7.2 - so you either pay someone to fix it; you hope someone updates the code for free... or you vote for the feature request (4 years old, 6 votes - so virtually no reasonable chance of being added) and patiently wait. waiting.gif