How to add new types of credit card in creditcard.tpl ?

souzadavi

23 minutes ago, souzadavi said:

How to add new type (brand) of creditcard in creditcard.tpl??

I would assume that the array pulls the list from the AcceptedCardTypes field in the configuration table... editing the table wouldn't be a good idea as I imagine using the general settings tab list would overwrite any changes (I think it's a hardcoded list)... using a ClientAreaPageCreditCard hook might work to alter the array, but I don't know how WHMCS would react with a new card brand... might be worth you trying in a dev though and see what it does.

1 hour ago, souzadavi said:

I just changed in template, isn't nice, but is solved for now...

it never occurred to me to suggest just editing the template! 🙂

though this wouldn't have any effect on the cart, where the cc options are still being pulled from the configured options.

To add new credit card  brands, I created a hook like @brian! said, work nicely for CIELO brands api 3.0 gateways.

<?php
add_hook('ClientAreaPageCreditCard', 1, function($vars) {

$array = array('Visa', 'Master', 'Amex', 'Elo', 'Aura', 'JCB', 'Diners','Discover','Hipercard');
	return  array("acceptedcctypes" => $array);

});

add_hook('ClientAreaPageCreditCardCheckout', 1, function($vars) {

$array = array('Visa', 'Master', 'Amex', 'Elo', 'Aura', 'JCB', 'Diners','Discover','Hipercard');
});

thanks 🙂

• 1 year later...
On 1/21/2019 at 4:59 PM, souzadavi said:

To add new credit card  brands, I created a hook like @brian! said, work nicely for CIELO brands api 3.0 gateways.

<?php
add_hook('ClientAreaPageCreditCard', 1, function($vars) {

});

add_hook('ClientAreaPageCreditCardCheckout', 1, function($vars) {

});

thanks 🙂

Did you get it to work with Cielo API 3.0? I have this payment gateway but it's not accepting Hipercard. Any help with this?

6 hours ago, Patty said:

Did you get it to work with Cielo API 3.0? I have this payment gateway but it's not accepting Hipercard. Any help with this?

@Patty - which WHMCS version are you using ? if it's a more recent one, maybe you will need to use ClientAreaPaymentMethods ?

however, there is a nagging fragment of a memory that, during a recent beta period (I think v7.9 rather than v7.10), it was said by someone at  WHMCS that it's not possible to add new cc types - obviously, you can't add them to the list in general settings as they're hardcoded, but I don't know whether they meant not possible at all...

@Patty unfortunately it's not possible to add new brands. Is really bad!  Other talk about it at: 

From credit card whmcs I didn't find a way to use other credit card brands...On database the WHMCS do not save right the credit card brand.  There is some similar request for WHMCS since 2016, https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/new-credit-card-brand-and-bins

WHMCS develop team is never available to talk....  I developed other CIELO API 3.0 gateway module from invoice... So there it's possible to use other credit card brands... I will send the link in PM...

• 2 months later...