Automatially put clients into groups

snake

I have created a new website/brand, but will be doing all the billing through my existing WHMCS.

Is there any way to put clients who signup from this website into a specific group automatically? Any variable I can  pass on the cart URL's maybe.
I would also like to restrict those customers to specific support depts for this brand, any way to do that?

1 hour ago, snake said:

Is there any way to put clients who signup from this website into a specific group automatically?

there was the old Set Client Groups addon, but the developer went missing, changed his business name and his products were later removed from MarketPlace! 🙄

there is a similar product there, but only marked as compatible with v6 - so probably not much help.

1 hour ago, snake said:

Any variable I can  pass on the cart URL's maybe.

not on it's own, no.

ultimately, I think you should just need a ClientAdd hook to alter the groupid value when the account is being created by WHMCS (assuming that you've already setup the client group itself)... the trick will be detecting when to change it, e.g detect its coming from the new site, rather than the old one.

1 hour ago, snake said:

I would also like to restrict those customers to specific support depts for this brand, any way to do that?

again that would either be a hook (clientareapage or clientarepagesubmitticket) or a template edit... I would imagine that you'd have to make these departments client only, so that they will need to login and once logged in, you can detect their client group and decide which departments to show... as a hook, it should just be removing entries in the appropriate array, but you'll have to plan out who sees which departments (e.g old site clients, new site clients and those not logged in).